maximum temperature before lockups

A

AmarSingh

I have a felling the temp of my duron 1.2GHz is causing lockups. does anyone know what the maximum operating temp of this or a similar cpu would be before i experienced stability issues? I am getting a lot (i mean a lot) of lockups in dos trying to format or whatnot) and i think the temp might be the cause. its running 70-80 degrees celsius. i know i will get a new fan, but i cant for a day or two.

My (1.4ghz). I can't remember exactly, but I think it locked up at less than 70C. It only did it once because I forgot to apply the thermal compound when I changed heatsink(I'll never forget that again).:eek:

Sure !

80 degrees celsius ? That's very much . I have 46 at my Athlon ! take a new Fan TITAN ( mine has 7500 rot ) or Volcano and you will see the difference .
I say that the maximum temperature for your processor should stay at 60-63 degrees . .

EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK :eek: :eek:

Way over the top, if it was mine I wouldn't even use it !! Go and put it in the fridge at once untill you've bought a volcano 7 :D

Originally posted by Bytes back
EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK :eek: :eek:

Way over the top, if it was mine I wouldn't even use it !! Go and put it in the fridge at once untill you've bought a volcano 7 :D

:confused: :confused:

well its not mine...its my friends and im not really using it, just trying to format. i think ill get a volcano 6cu though since he's trying to save a few bucks where he can. I knew i needed a new fan, but i thought id try to format and see what happens

Originally posted by AmarSingh
well its not mine...its my friends and im not really using it, just trying to format. i think ill get a volcano 6cu
The Volcano 6cu + is very loud. It runs at a constant 7000 rpm. The normal Volcano 6cu (without the +) runs at about 4550rpm.

Seriously, spend the extra on the Volcano 7.

well im not running it anymore...just tried a few times yesterday. ill get a new fan tomorrow and see what happens....what should i set the maximum temp to?? i dont think the bios has that option, but ill have to check.

With Motherboard Monitor, I set an alarm to go off if my CPU temp reaches 55C.

i installed a volcano 6CU and its running cool as a cucumber and xp is installing too. sweet! I think the problem was not that the fan was that bad, but it wasnt installed correctly. When i took it off there was part of the cpu die that was not covered by the thermal pad that was on the heatsink. i got myself some arctic silver and now all is good :D

my cpu runs at 80 F...considering i have an air duct and 3 fans on it :) the whole system runs about 70 F.... thats with 6 fans inside though :D

i fit cheep 2gig coolers on duron chips, average is 35-42 deg C

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back