Max Payne probs in XP!

T

Turdster

Any advice? I am trying to play Max Payne and it just crashes out to the desktop after selecting 'New Game' and 'Fugitive'. I get the video sequence and something about going back three years and then it crashes when the loading starts.

I have tried three different detonator drivers (12.51, 22.83, 23.11) and none of them make any difference. I have installed the patch, still to no avail.

My system:

P4 2GHz
1GB RDRAM
Geforce 3
SB Live 1024 Sound
Gigabyte GA-8TX mobo
Windows XP

Thanks in advance

Hmmz!

Might be a bios issue...try updating ur bios..and try different settings ..like AGP aparture size and Fast writtes on or off..it might be something like that..

also update ur windows..
And your chipset drivers..

LightWave

Max Payne

Thanks for the reply. I have updated my BIOS already and have fiddled with these settings that you mentioned. This is driving me mad!

wow, it really is amazing how many people have problems with their games :(

All my games work find except the old games, like GTA 2!!!

99% of the games I play work okay. The odd one comes along and it just will not work. I tend to update my system often too and still it happens.

Oh well, life goes on...it's just a Payne in the neck! (sorry for the pun)

Unreal Tourney randomly boots me out mid game, for no apparent reason...

LOL, Turdster!

Payne in the neck!!!

anyways...my FIFA 2001 boots me back to desktop after every game. like when i end a game and i go on to the next one. I'll crash to desktop when it loads the game :(

Luckily, FIFA2001 has a pretty fast loadup...

I have a different problem. I can play, except, I get flickering. I tried getting a screen shot, but it works. SO I'll TRY to describe it...
It looks like a different screen (possibly some background stuff or something) is being shown instead of the foreground. I was thinking it might be the frame rate that was low, so I tried to bring things down. I went from 1024x768 at 32bits to 800x600 at 16bits, pressed Options on the startup window, and changed to Filtering Mode and all, nothing seems to fix it.

I'm running on a 1.4Ghz Athlon with 512MB PC2100 DDR RAM, Voodoo5 5500 card and WinXP Pro. I'm using WorLord's drivers (which I got through the "official" site if a dead company can have an official site... ;) ) and I want to keep these since, so far, they're the only ones that work with RTCW.

Any ideas? :confused:

Much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back