• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Max Payne + ATI 9700 = COOL

V

Vorpal

:D

Hey - I never played Max Payne before. I downloaded the 1.05 demo (trying a lot of things lately).

I set up as:
1280x1024x32
All detail settings at the MAX
x16 ansiotropic filtering
x6 FSAA

Man - the game runs as smooth as silk. I must go buy it now. IT IS SO COOL, to be able to play a game smoothly with every bit of graphic goodness that the game engine and FSAA can provide.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
am sure you should probably be able to run game higher..

but seriously it has not aged badly has dear ol max payne...

:) perhaps they can now make a patch to have moving light shadows/effects like in DX 2 to show off new features and stuff in the 9700 :)

V

Vorpal

OK, I picked it up for $25 while I was out buying NOLF2. :D

I'm curious to see how the 9700 will take the new Lithotech engine... Of course I assume my 1900+ processor is a bit of a stick in the mud.

I think most people are guessing a 3Ghz processor would be needed to fully unlock the 9700.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
not really...

the athlon 2800 performs as well as or better than a 2.8ghz p4 stock therefore oc'd it will be something to reckon with... therefore the clock speed does not pose a problem really...

its a bandwidth issue more than anything else... agp port can't allow the 9700 to perform at its peak... maximum bandwidth is a bit fux0red :) so there is a little bottleneck right there... but let me know how NOLF2 plays...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar