Matthew Hayden knocks 380!

Sazar

Rest In Peace
well.. what an innings eh :D

poor zimbabwe... hammered silly...

nice knock... pity I didn't watch the whole thing...

What's significant with 380?

I'm guessing it's cricket? but not really sure.

380 hits out of 1000?

Originally posted by Codasmd
What's significant with 380?

I'm guessing it's cricket? but not really sure.

380 hits out of 1000?

380 total runs... previous record was 375 by brian lara of the west indies...

ah...ok.

well...props to matt then.

Whats a normal score for a game of cricket?

ah...ok.

well...props to matt then.

Whats a normal score for a game of cricket?

it varies... you have 11 batsmen and a total of 10 outs... 2 batsmen on the field at any given time... a pitch with a wicket @ either end made up of 3 stumps... each batsman stays @ one end...

batsmen score by running between the wickets... a shot to the boundary is worth 4 runs... a shot that cleanly clears the fence (ie w/o hopping) is worth 6... an illegal delivery is a single run to the batting team but does not add to the batters score...

bowlers bowl overarm to the batsmen to induce either a catch, bowl them (which implies breaking the wicket) or cause them to block the wicket with their pads (batsmen wear protective pads on their legs to protect them from the ball bouncing on the pitch)

bowlers bowl in tandem and have to maintain a certain line/width and length for the ball to be a legal delivery... one bowler bowls an over from one end.. than another from the other end... an over consists of 6 deliveries...

one day international cricket is limited to a max of 50 overs (if a team is not bowled out completely) with each bowler allowed a max of 10 overs... which means a max of 5 bowlers can bowl...

test cricket on the other hand is not as limited... it occurs over a period of days... with both team having 2 innings max (one inning == one team batting till it is out or declaring if it has a sufficient score that it feels it can defend) that is where the big knocks are accrued... matt hayden made his score v/s zimbabwe in a test match...

here is the score card...

australia v/s zimbabwe scorecard

points to note...

when batting... R = runs... M = minutes of innings... B = balls faced... 4 = fours hit in innings... 6 = sixes hit in innings...

method of dismissal... c = caught out... c&b = caught and bowled by the bowler himself... lbw = leg before wicket...

for bowling.... O = overs bowled... M = maidens (overs where the bowler does not concede a run)... R = runs conceded... W = wickets taken where a wicket is a batsmen getting out...

illegal deliveries are nb = no-ball which is either too high or bowled with an improper arm delivery (ball cannot be thrown)... w = wide delivery which implies it was outside the allowed deviation of the width of the wicket...

the match is judged on the field by 2 umpires who alternate being umpire and leg umpire... and off the field where the 3rd umpire judges any runouts (ie a situation where the batter is outside the batters crease during a run and a ball received by the fielding team breaks the wicket)

a normal knock in an innings by a decent team is around 200-250 runs in one day internationals... a normal knock in test is usually higher since there is no need to take risky shots due to the time/over constraints not being as stringent...

there are a few other nuances but it is a far less complicated game than it seems :)

played it for many years and was a decent spinner (bowler who applies spin to ball to cause it to deviate from line after hitting pitch)

380 = more than the whole team scores sometimes!

Man...by reading that explaination, it sounds like one of the most confusing sport's known to mankind.I should probably watch a match sometime.

Thanks for the lesson.

Man...by reading that explaination, it sounds like one of the most confusing sport's known to mankind.I should probably watch a match sometime.

Thanks for the lesson.

still better than friggin american football... ridiculous penalties for ridiculous things... :D

Hmm...while reading it, I was trying to think of how confusing American Baseball would be to someone if they had never heard of it. Or had heard of it and had never seen it.

Baseball seems like it would be a bit easier to understand.

Criket is not bigger than Futbol/Football/Soccer is it? Seems as though Soccer is about the bigges sport in the world, except here in the states.

Originally posted by Sazar
v/s the blind peewee league perhaps :p

Hey, don't underestimate them! I did once....now i'm sad....

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back