Matrix Sequels...Hum-Bug!!!

B

busto

Am I the only one in the world completely disappointed by the fact that they took this wonderful story and movie and turned it into just another studio money wh0re...whatever happened to the sanctity of the trilogy, Star Wars, Godfather and now Lord of The Rings. Watch the first chapter of all these and you'll notice something starkly different than the Matrix, they end without really ending,they leave all kind of questions unanswered ex. SW:You know Vadar's still alive and Luke's not a Jedi, GF:Michael becomes godfather and has to tie up loose ends in the family business, LOTR:This left so many things undone that if you hadn't read the books before you saw it you sure as heck did after. Now watch the Matrix and watch it in the context of the first chapter in a story, it doesn't add up there are no unanswered questions Neo is The One, "You're saying I can dodge bullets??" "No' I'm saying when you're ready you won't have to", it ends with him not having to dodge bullets. He can munipulate the matrix to however he sees fit...The End..that's it. It's the old Hollywood formula, "find a franchise and beat the hell out of it until you can't make another dime out of it", if you need any examples of this just see Batman, Superman, Jaws, Halloween...Before Warner Bros. had the rights to Harry Potter it needed it's big money fish in order to compete with 20th Century Fox:SW, New Line:LOTR and Colombia:Spidey. If you want another example of the beating a dead horse syndrome just remember the last time sequels were filmed back to back we were given the trash they call Back to the Future 2 & 3 (anyone that argues LOTR was filmed this way needs to remember the ENTIRE trilogy was filmed all at once no breaks in filming)...As a writer and a filmaker i just find it saddening that 2 potentially brilliant filmakers such as the the Wachowski brother would let a studio disgrace thier great story with making it a profit wh0re....I don't expect anyone to agree with me but oh well,sorry about the rant just my opinion

Posted by busto
Am I the only one in the world completely disappointed by the fact that they took this wonderful story and movie and turned it into just another studio money wh0re...whatever happened to the sanctity of the trilogy, Star Wars, Godfather and now Lord of The Rings. Watch the first chapter of all these and you'll notice something starkly different than the Matrix, they end without really ending,they leave all kind of questions unanswered ex. SW:You know Vadar's still alive and Luke's not a Jedi, GF:Michael becomes godfather and has to tie up loose ends in the family business, LOTR:This left so many things undone that if you hadn't read the books before you saw it you sure as heck did after. Now watch the Matrix and watch it in the context of the first chapter in a story, it doesn't add up there are no unanswered questions Neo is The One, "You're saying I can dodge bullets??" "No' I'm saying when you're ready you won't have to", it ends with him not having to dodge bullets. He can munipulate the matrix to however he sees fit...The End..that's it. It's the old Hollywood formula, "find a franchise and beat the hell out of it until you can't make another dime out of it", if you need any examples of this just see Batman, Superman, Jaws, Halloween...Before Warner Bros. had the rights to Harry Potter it needed it's big money fish in order to compete with 20th Century Fox:SW, New Line:LOTR and Colombia:Spidey. If you want another example of the beating a dead horse syndrome just remember the last time sequels were filmed back to back we were given the trash they call Back to the Future 2 & 3 (anyone that argues LOTR was filmed this way needs to remember the ENTIRE trilogy was filmed all at once no breaks in filming)...As a writer and a filmaker i just find it saddening that 2 potentially brilliant filmakers such as the the Wachowski brother would let a studio disgrace thier great story with making it a profit wh0re....I don't expect anyone to agree with me but oh well,sorry about the rant just my opinion

there is one basic flaw in your argument that the matrix is done and left no questions to be answered.. I for one would like to see the conditions of the other people (humans ) in the future world that they live in..

the sentinels are still alive and remember that the matrix IS a program... neo is basically unplugging people so that they can come back to reality... BUT since he has to go BACK to the program in order to do what he does... what gives if they upgrade the program and neo does not have the powers he had in the old construct ?

that is what the premise of the movies coming up are... i.e. matrix reloaded = an upgrade of some sort to me at least and matrix revolutions = a terminatoresque battle of some kind..

I don't have the movie details and I can see where you are going... but still it will be interesting to see what they come up with...

concerning wh0ring the movies I suppose you never saw the interview with the wachowski bros where they said they wanted to tell the entire story covering 3 movies or thereabouts but did not have the financial backing therefore would have to wait for the first one to be released to see how it fared... since it did well they are releasing the latter 2 parts...

LOTR is very different in the sense that the trilogy was filmed in one shot and the books are being followed pretty closely considering it is a large screen adaptation.. :)

I personally do not like stupid movie sequels with no coninuity but sometimes a sequel comes along that pleasantly shocks me... i.e. terminator 2...

The Matrix was always supposed to be a trilogy.

Some people take movies way too seriously. The prime objective of any major studio is to make money - end of storey.

I used to get really upset about the degredation of the Starwars trilogy from good sci-fi to furry creatures and strictly PG storeylines. But at the end of the day it's not up to us.

Mubbers

Yeah but this is the Wachowski bros. and is fully derived from their comic.... it was always laneed to be a trilogy and was to be the Wachowski bros. first film, but Warner Bros. said no chance, ,we are not spending millions on a directorial debut, so they wondered off and made the lesbian thriller, Bound.

Posted by Electronic Punk
Yeah but this is the Wachowski bros. and is fully derived from their comic.... it was always laneed to be a trilogy and was to be the Wachowski bros. first film, but Warner Bros. said no chance, ,we are not spending millions on a directorial debut, so they wondered off and made the lesbian thriller, Bound.

well done old chap...

bound btw was a pretty decent movie in its own right... showing that gina gershon does indeed have a very nice body and some acting talents...

and yes... EP is right about why the trilogy was not announced to start with.. read what I said as well... along same lines cept he said in more detail...

would not expect any less from an admin :)

star wars was ALWAYS also supposed to be at least 6 episodes... the old naming convention for pete's sake..episode 4, a new hope... ring any bells? there had to have been a 1,2 and 3... thats the way it was...

I will reserve personal judgement on the 6 movies till the last one is released..

please lads... before trashing a movie/sequels... do some research... :)

useless flaming never was constructive...

hahah, reminds me of Third Rock from the sun... "whats your favourite movie?" "Arthur 2: Arthur ON The Rocks" - "Well I found the prequel!" --- later --- "Oh, that explains so much!!"

the matrix comics came after the movies, it was a chance to explore others within the matrix....the Wachowski bros. did work for marvel for a time though and some of the artists they made connections with during that time helped visualize the mivies

no, the comics (ie storyboards) for the first movie were shown to warner before filming.

They were more detailed than the standard storyboard...
But we seem to be movingaway from your argument, saying that the Matrix II is just a cash cow.. of course it is the film rocks, but it was always planned if the matrix did suceed.

first of all let me say that i was never flaming anybody, just venting a little frustration about the subject...as far as internet communities go i happen to find this one to be among the most enjoyable..I hold the opinions of most of the members here in high regard, EP has always been up for intellectual debates so i figured i'd catch a few flames and daggers from his way, but as i've said i meant no disrespect to anyone on here...I mean heck can't a guy voice himself without it being seen as an assualt on others...Sazar EVERYBODY knows SW was always a 6 episode series but it was released in the form of 2 trilogys, I'm not even sure there is a word for a 6 flick series, is there? Maybe we could coin our own sixlogy, sexlogy, wait that last one sounds like something else doesn't it..anyhow i never meant to p!$$ anyone off just sounding off....By the way EP i loved Bound i think the world needs more lesbian noir flicks:D

holy all this verbage made me not even notice i've pasted the 100 post mark...I RULE!!!:p

hey its cool, I love debates I know something about.. knew paying that extra £10 for the matrix revisited would come in handy :p

busto!

i agree with you 100%.

sometimes, it's best to make one movie and leave it at that.

i think it's a reflection of the imagination/creativity level of the top film makers and studio execs. they simply have none. that's why every movie seems like a rehashed idea from an older movie or tv show.

i for one will be sitting in the cinema a good few days before the release for Matrix II :p - it utterly r0cks :p

MdSalih

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back