Matrix Revolutions - the movie

Originally posted by muzikool
X-Istence makes a good point. I know a few people who never really grasped the spiritual concepts of The Matrix. Free will (choice) is a major theme throughout, as are faith and purpose. Neo is even referred to as "the Messiah," and "the Savior" several times. I don't expect everyone to catch on to these things immediately, I didn't even start to until after watching the first Matrix a few times, but never realizing these themes leaves the story much more empty. Going back and watching the films with that perspective changes the entire story for the better. The same goes for The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Any thoughts on this?

lotr is a little different than the matrix trilogy

tolkien's philosophy and his story cannot be duplicated on screen...

we are currently seeing peter jackson's version and I am impressed.. but if you read the book you will understand more and you will like it more not just because of the saga that unfolds and the central characters but because of the prose and the vivid description of events and places and people...

the books are a journey and an adventure... if you have read the books a lot more unfolds and a lot more can be taken from the movies...

since the matrix is not based on an incredibly popular set of books (not incl the hobbit and the silmarilion and the other subsequent books) a comparison is harder to form :)

with the matrix a basic understanding of what is happening and the general concepts is easy to get... its the deeper meanings (not THAT deep) that escape a lot of people... and if they don't understand it therefore it must be bad.. unfortunately...

my thoughts on the matrix trilogy

I am a fan of the franchise...

however though they were groundbreaking in various ways there are numerous flaws that do stand out...

direction/dialogue/scene development all could have been better...

for a movie where the plot was not spoonfed to the audience there were far too many instances of the fact that Neo was the one and people believing in him being bashed into our psyche.. did no one ever tell the W brothers PLEASE OH GOD STOP ALREADY... WE GET IT... :cool:

I love the individual characters and the locales and the music... I love the choice of keanu reeves as neo... he does not have to act much and he has the requisite spaced out look for the character... I do wish that makeup had done a better job with trinity and morpheus... mr fishbourne... this is a stairmaster... stairmaster please don't run away... here is mr fishbourne...

hugo weaving was head and shoulders the BEST part of the entire series... him and the late gloria foster whom I missed so much in this latest and final installment... perfect...

:)

for all its flaws and annoyances... and they are there... I love the franchise because it brings me entertainment in a way very different than sitting in a theatre for 3 1/2 hrs wtching a ship sinking or a little boy with wooden acting and spectacles looking astonished @ magical things :)

I love the matrix movies (since its matrix movies... lets just call it the Matrices :cool: )

Re: my thoughts on the matrix trilogy

Originally posted by Sazar
hugo weaving was head and shoulders the BEST part of the entire series... him and the late gloria foster whom I missed so much in this latest and final installment... perfect...

I was talking with a friend tonight, and we both agreed on this same point. Weaving was hands down the best actor in that movie. And I also agree that Keanu was good in that role because of what it required.

In response to the Matrix/LoTR comparison... I didn't intend to imply a direct comparison, I was just using it as an example of a series of films with a much deeper underlying theme. :)

Re: Re: my thoughts on the matrix trilogy

Originally posted by muzikool
In response to the Matrix/LoTR comparison... I didn't intend to imply a direct comparison, I was just using it as an example of a series of films with a much deeper underlying theme. :)

lol don't get me wrong... I didn't mean anything negative...

I was just having a chat with some lads about it and then happened to read that post and was like ok... I'll just regurgitate information :cool:

nothing was implied by the post :)

twas cool, i watched reloaded again today and understood it...i'm still trying to figure out in this one what exactly neo was (i am not as bright as i should be maybe...) what exactly happened, he turned into "a smith" and then they all explode in a mass of light and cracked glasses! i think i missed something...

Originally posted by macromp
twas cool, i watched reloaded again today and understood it...i'm still trying to figure out in this one what exactly neo was (i am not as bright as i should be maybe...) what exactly happened, he turned into "a smith" and then they all explode in a mass of light and cracked glasses! i think i missed something...

Smith over confident as he was uploaded his file into Neo but what he didnt know Neo was capable of rewriting because of the builders connection. The builder now having full access to Smiths program uploaded the deletion program and so the Smiths were terminated.

a friend sent me here yesterday...

very rarely do I find other people's sometimes mental philosophical beliefs of the matrix of sound foundation... but this is pretty bad ass, something I hadn't really thought about

you may find it interesting as well :)

Originally posted by Terrahertz
Smith over confident as he was uploaded his file into Neo but what he didnt know Neo was capable of rewriting because of the builders connection. The builder now having full access to Smiths program uploaded the deletion program and so the Smiths were terminated.

Don't forget about the Oracle being a part of Smith as well. She was lying in the crater after the Smith's disappeared. In hind sight, she knew what she was doing when she let Smith consume her. She 'believed' that Neo would eventually do the same and together, with the help of the builder, they destroyed Smith.

All I'll say is that I was dissapointed. I thought the acting could have been better, and the conclusion was not very satisfying, almost boring. However, the CG work is simply amazing. Don't take my word for it though, some people loved it, so the best thing to do would be to go watch the movie yourself, and form your own opinion of it.

Originally posted by o_87
All I'll say is that I was dissapointed. I thought the acting could have been better, and the conclusion was not very satisfying, almost boring. However, the CG work is simply amazing. Don't take my word for it though, some people loved it, so the best thing to do would be to go watch the movie yourself, and form your own opinion of it.

It's hard to disagree with the acting, some of it was pretty bad. Again, Hugo (Smith) was a redeeming factor though.

It seems that opinions vary the most in regards to the conclusion. The way I see it is this: we've all had so much time (years) to consider how it might be ended, that we've created expectations that are hard to satisfy. Some of us want a big battle between Neo and the machine world, some of us want Zion to go on the offensive and defeat the machines, and then some of us want something along the lines of what actually happened. Of course there are all kinds of other possibilities that people have come with as well.

I was satisfied with the conclusion for the following reasons: a) it followed the theme of the story, b) it wasn't terribly unrealistic, c) it wasn't the perfect "happy ending." Sure, it's possible that something could have been done differently that would have made it better, but I thought it was handled well overall.

Well .... I will firmly sit on the fence (at a high risk of family stopping splinters I might add ...) and say that I thought it was a very good film. I did enjoy it and got involved in the story ... but there were a few things i was a little disappointed in.

I was a little disappointed in what happened with Trinity, I would have wanted Trin to have a blaze of glory.

But the final smith/neo showdown ....... Ohhhh yeah!! That was worth 2 and 3/4 films to see!

But ...... the ending ....... do you think there was space open for a fourth film there? Judging by a general slamming it's got by narrow minded critics in print and on the web .... I think the wachowskis might just leave it at that ..... the 5-6 years they have been on the matrix ... and lets face it, it's like LOTR in the respect that it was one big film, I think they have earned a little break :)

Mind you .... the new Matrix Online MMORPG PC Game is going to be taking the story from where Revolutions left off, so the Matrix will live on .... and I sense so will Neo, dressed I am sure in Architect White.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back