Matrix Revolutions - the movie

I might go and see in on Saturday, if the cinema is not too busy (fat chance of that!):(

Ok, this thread may have spoilers so miss it if you wanna, its basically how I believe the end of the film should have been.

Basically the end of the film left ou to draw your own conclusions. Here is mine. I was going to write it in script format, but frankly I have little time tonight and can't think of any philosophical dialog:

After the last shot of the sunrise. We fade outwards to a kind of monitor transition that occurs alot in the first film, moving backwards andhearing a voiceover of a conversation between morpheus and neo, was thinking about some bull**** philosophy of mechanical compassion, but it doesn't matter. pull out to some machines working on injured humans, fifth element style, microstiching and what have you, pan accross to a bot working on neos face (well whatever), pan out to a funnel in the sky with a thick cloud entering it. Some funky transition to the city. We see Morpheus and Neo looking a little older, pehaps morpheus with a beard and neo grey and the temples, in their funky leather gettup and glasses. Neo says something random and removes his glasses to reveal eyes with green matrixy retinas. We pan out to see the city... pan out furthur to reveal trees surrounding the city. pan out furthur to reveal the machine world around that! pull out furthur to reveal the entire planet scratch that one city still part of the machine world, with a kind of greenish see. the world. matrix code. fade out, that bangin linkin park tune from the second movie.

Damn that was oscar material.

draw your own conclusions ?

I thought it was pretty cut and dried and conclusive in its ending... :cool:

Originally posted by Sazar
draw your own conclusions ?

I thought it was pretty cut and dried and conclusive in its ending... :cool:

I agree. I'm quite satisfied with the way they wrapped it up. Answers to many questions definitely weren't spoonfed, and I'm very glad about that, but I do believe that most of the questions were answered. There is a bit of room for speculation, but I will usually disagree with anyone that says "it left a lot unanswered."

i too was happy with the ending, sure there was some unaswered questions, but Matrix has always been a film that makes you think so...

Am i the only person on here who thinks it was, well, crap....

I loved the first one, second one was OK, but the third....

I sat there cringeing at the dialogue - what a waste of a good potential and what a way to spoil the first.

Example - remember when Agent Smith meets the oracle - remember that bit in Austin powers when they all stand there doing an evil laugh for 5 minutes, that what i was thinking...

I love you Neo - We believe in you Neo - some smart CGI - and repeat - The End..

Thats the script...

1 out of 5 (and thats only for the punch)...

:mad:

/me decides to start a program to educate retarded reviewers who don't understand anything unless it is spoonfed to them with a little silver spoon from an artsy college... educate them a bit about technology and how it works...

if a friggin reviewer doesn't get it... who cares... they don't know crap anyways...

to me it all made sense...

the script/dialogue or acting could have been better but this is teh same for the previous 2 installments...

all in all it was a means to an end and I was entertained which is what it was about @ the end...

All the reviews I've read that rate Revolutions badly are people who look like they went into the movie in a very negative perception.

Sazar, those arent reviewers, there your average Joe who went to see the movie - myself included. I get the plot - thats not the point im making - the point is that it was crap.

o_87 - I bought tickets for this ages ago - i went to one of the first showings - i was really looking forward to it, but i just didnt rate it.

Just my opinion.

I am in agreement that some of the dialogue was painfully cliche, and Smith's laugh did remind me of Austin Powers as well. But nevertheless, I found the overall story to be outstanding. The films stayed true to the overriding theme of the story, and I commend the brothers for finishing it in such a way that did not cheapen the meaning. The way I look at it, they could have taken the easy way out, and they didn't.

Originally posted by muzikool
I am in agreement that some of the dialogue was painfully cliche, and Smith's laugh did remind me of Austin Powers as well. But nevertheless, I found the overall story to be outstanding. The films stayed true to the overriding theme of the story, and I commend the brothers for finishing it in such a way that did not cheapen the meaning. The way I look at it, they could have taken the easy way out, and they didn't.

nerd = 100% in agreement

Film is a subjective medium, auguring the points of why you liked it or didn't (although most of the people who didn't like it just say somthing like "it sucked") rarely, if ever, persuades someone of the opposite standing.

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Im not out to persuade anyone - like i said Just my opinion.

it was a general statement, not directed at any one

:rolleyes:

I have yet to go see it, but i dont think a lot of people like it is because they dont understand the concept behind it.

Many people commented to me that the second matrix sucked hard core. Then i started asking them why, and they told me some story, and i then explained to them what happened, and told them to watch it again.

Suddenly they understood more of what the story was about.

one person didnt get the room where he meets the architect, and the camera zooming in on a choice neo was going to make.

Until i explained it to them, and then they understood.

X-Istence makes a good point. I know a few people who never really grasped the spiritual concepts of The Matrix. Free will (choice) is a major theme throughout, as are faith and purpose. Neo is even referred to as "the Messiah," and "the Savior" several times. I don't expect everyone to catch on to these things immediately, I didn't even start to until after watching the first Matrix a few times, but never realizing these themes leaves the story much more empty. Going back and watching the films with that perspective changes the entire story for the better. The same goes for The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Any thoughts on this?

People have to remember that Revolutions is the end of this trilogy, not a seperate movie or story but a continuance of the other two, especially the continuance of Reloaded. Don't think of Revolutions as a seperate piece of work, think of it as the second half of Reloaded and only then people shouldn't be so disappointed with it.

As other people have stated in previous posts, I have friends as well that say they didn't like it but there was no chance in h3ll they came close to understanding the themes and the meanings in the movie(s). They only watched it or viewed it as they seen it, they didn't comprehend it like a lot of people have.

People can state that 'this' was tacky and 'that' was tacky or cheesey etc... but think of these movies as the Wachowski's way of connecting to today's generation or making today's generation think differently, see things from different perspectives, that things 'are not always what they seem', to actually 'read between the lines' and so on... How many movies out there in the past few years have actually made people "think" like these have? I can't think of any movies as of late that have affected me personally or intellectually like these have. That was the Wachowski's goal, and they have succeeded with me.

I'm sure if they took the time to make Revolutions seperately like they did between the 1st and 2nd movies, it may have be different but the core and the meaning of the film would be the same.

As a whole, these movies were great in every form (for me personally, they had both the 'eye candy' and the 'mind candy') and when the set of 3 come out as 1 DVD pack, I'll be first in line to get it.

Notch this movie, set of 3, The Matrix, The Matrix: Reloaded and The Matrix: Revolutions at the top of my 'all time favorites'.

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back