Matching colors under icons !

Leo

OSNN Addict
While messing around with MaddMatt active desktop, I figure out a trick that i hope i could help someone with. You know when u just finish putting a nice wallpaper in your desktop and u look at your icons and they don't match? So you keep trying to figure out the closest color to it and never get it right?
Try this:

Open the wallpaper in paint, choose the " pick color " tool on the left hand side. Click on the part of the wallpaper that your icons will go and click once. Now go to " colors " on the top toolbar and click edit colors. Once it opens , click on define custom colors.
If you look on the right hand side, its gonna say:

Red: (ex. 196)
Green: (ex. 197)
Blue: (ex. 195)

Write down somewhere those numbers with its colors and close paint (Make sure not to save any changes).
Now go to your desktop, right click it, properties,desktop tab ,color, and click on other. Now you will see the colors that you wrote down ( Red, Green and Blue) . Type down those numbers to its colors and Pronto ! You are going to get an exact match.
Check out the results !

Enjoy !

Good tip, i should imagine a fair few people will find this useful :)

Thanks speedy ! I just don't like the idea to use progs to make that transparent.

Got to agree with that, seems rather pointless using yet more resources to acheive something which can be done by using a simple app such as paint to match colours :)

For those of you who are trying to match MaddMatt active desktop, like the Google search engine to your wallpaper try this:
(You will need a better image editor than Paint, i use Paint shop pro 7 on this example)
Open your wallpaper in Paint shop, click on the flood fill bucket on the right hand side, go to the left hand side toolbar
and click on the color that appers ( Right under Styles ,make sure you have solid colors selected).
Now once it opens, move your cursor over to the wallpaper and its going to apper the the pick color
tool(Just like on the example above), click once and your are going to the HTML code.
(See the attachment for better understanding)
Now open your script for the Google search engine and look for the background code, replace it for
the new one you've got in Paint Shop and you're done.

example2.jpg

Sorry couldn't explain it better. Feel free to ask any questions!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back