master and slave ??

F

fatboy

I have 2 hard drives one with windows ME on and one with XP
I also have two cd writers installed

At the moment I have the two hard drives installed on the same IDE channel one master the other slave
on the other IDE channel I have the two writers one master the other slave. Is this the best way to set them up or would I be better having a writer with a hard drive, but which would I set as master if I did this ??? :confused:

Having said that you can do more reliable 'on the fly' copying of disks if the writers are on separate IDE channels.

just make sure you have 2 UDMA 80 pin cables if you swop around.

Originally posted by robin.munro
Having said that you can do more reliable 'on the fly' copying of disks if the writers are on separate IDE channels.

yes but if you have a BURNPROOF drive or lots of RAM, you wont get a buffer underun doing a CD2CD copy on the same IDE bus unless you are doing loads of other stuff at te same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back