"Mark as old" installed progs in start menu

patrick

OSNN Addict
OK so you install a new program and it puts a folder and about 5 links into the start menu. Then as soon as you open the start menu it tells you that you have new progs installed. Fine good, that's why I have the option enabled. But do I really have to click on every single one of the links in the folder to "mark them as old" or whatever? Isn't there an eaiser way?......

Patrick

if you don't like then just turn it off...if you just installed the software..wouldn't you know that it was there...:)

I have the option enabled as there are other users on this computer and I like to be able to monitor the programs installed without having to bother remembering every single item in the start menu. It just becomes annoying when I have to go and click on every link there to shut it up.

Patrick

you can just disable it, open start menu, then enable it :p ghetto fix, but works :)

As you said it shows me I've got some new progs, and so I disabled the alert, but as soon as I re-enable it, it still shows the old ones.
All I really want is for an easy way to reset it so that all installed progs are now known as "old" programs.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back