marijuana

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
I wonder how many people really smoke marijuana? Ya know ..get stoned, blown, whatever.

I personally have never had anything against it .. and history has proven id much rather work next to someone that got "high" last night than drunk and being hung over ..yet the guy that got high could lose his job for coming up dirty on pp test.

Lately ive been looking into the government recluctance to "legalize" federally ..or put it in every states hands. It seems like an almost perfect answer for our growing debt ..tax it ya know.

Anyhow ..anyone have any REAL information as to why they just don't legalize it?

The gov't can't control it or make money off of it

Lol.
Thats pretty amazing, I just responded to my marijuana thread, off-topic post by me though.

http://www.sanitysdemise.com/forum/index.php/topic,346

I don't like Marijuana.

And yeah, they can control cigarettes not pot.
If you were to lay the facts down.
I'm sure they would show that marijuana is indeed better for you than cigarettes, but like mention, no taxes on pot so... :(.

Last edited:
It would take time to control it yes.. But legalize it and take control of people growing it legally you would push the cartels out of the profit margin.

Tread carefully with this thread…

It's all a carry over from prohibition when the "moral majority" rose up and created organized crime through ill conceived legislation. Everything was legal before that. When they repealed prohibition, they only repealed for booze because it was the driver for the development of organized crime. Organized crime then switched over to the other substances which were left illegal.

The only way to get a controlled substance legalized today is to show the social benfit outweighs the social negatives.

This was recently accomplished for nictoine which is an insidious mind altering drug that actuall physically changes the shape of brain convolutions. The damage of cancer, emphasyma, heart disease etc from smoking finally outweighed the stigma of legalizing a mind altering substance.

There is an uphill battle for marijuana legalization because very few people (compared to nicotine) will benefit from the legalized status.

Caffiene another nasty little stimulant by some miracle slipped under the moral majorities RADAR. Or maybe they just like it too much to criminalize...

Personally I think the two insideous substances fat and sugar should be criminalized. They cause almost as much physical damage and death each year as cigarettes.

haha ... i didn't start this thread to be funny actually ... since my neck injury and 2 surgeries ive had lots and lots of time to observe life and even think about anything and everything ... something i never had the chance to do before. I guess I've really stopped to smell the roses instead of a vain glance at them.

They could commoditize anything they wanted ... coca, marijuana, poppy, whatever ... which would suck the black market profit right out of the mix ... and of course tax it (split the difference of the black market price) and you have a cheaper REGULATED version.

The only reason i asked how many people smoke it ... i was thinking in taxes ... you could tax the grower and the seller ... make special licenses ... like the liquor license ..but a pot license ... and then regulate it that way.

For the people that still grow it illegally ..when its found ..they pay the same tax on it as everyone else that grows/smokes ... plus a fine ..but no jail.

so lets see ... i can figure hundreds of thousands in potential tax revenue from a small group of people ... or spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on prison.

Take it another step further ..how many people are in prison for marijuana? Then take those people out saving craploads of money ..and tax them instead.

Of course the by-products of hemp ... rope ... twine ... even fiber for ethanol production ..and the stuff can be grown virtually anywhere on earth.

Gentleman, as I am in law enforcement you have opened a can of worms that has been looked at for centuries. The question why they don't make it legal, you already hit on all the points, but did anyone know there is a tax on the books for a lot of the illegal drugs out there, it's only used by the Feds at this point to get at large volume drug dealers. This law was started right after prohibition.

Gentleman, as I am in law enforcement you have opened a can of worms that has been looked at for centuries. The question why they don't make it legal, you already hit on all the points, but did anyone know there is a tax on the books for a lot of the illegal drugs out there, it's only used by the Feds at this point to get at large volume drug dealers. This law was started right after prohibition.

ya know ..ive heard before about people getting caught with big amounts of illegal contraband get taxed for it...

I do know it was legal upto a point ... and the government started a hideous campaign called "reefer madness" to for whatever reason ban it.

Haven't yall ever seen those old black and white commercials and movies featuring people smoking "reefer" then for whatever reason jumping out of a window?

I think marlboro heavy's would be an answer for some of the tax defficet. I mean come on .. they legalized gambling in many states including my own ...

I am not a pro-marijuana person and I've never smoked anything, including tobacco in my life. Never drank alcohol either (which I think makes me the only person in the world to hold all three of these distinctions).

After seeing the effects of both and I think if they can make murderous-rage-in-a-bottle like alcohol legal, I don't see why pot can't be legal. It's free tax revenue waiting to happen, and it's far safer to society than alcohol.

I am not a pro-marijuana person and I've never smoked anything, including tobacco in my life. Never drank alcohol either (which I think makes me the only person in the world to hold all three of these distinctions).

After seeing the effects of both and I think if they can make murderous-rage-in-a-bottle like alcohol legal, I don't see why pot can't be legal. It's free tax revenue waiting to happen, and it's far safer to society than alcohol.
Actually,
Both you and I never have :p
I am against pot as well.

I believe the problem with people and marijuana is not being educated on the substance itself. Please do not quote me as I am not so much educated in the substance as I have dove into this past year. See it depends from person to person, use and abuse. Most people use it for relaxation while others use it to escape realism. As studies become more of a trend with marijuana as you have heard of many a time lately it seems as if it is becoming more upfront than any other 'illegal' substance. I dont know about you but I have drank and it is not a fun thing at all. Whereas marijuana is more of a different experience where it is actually beneficial to you. There are quite a lot of health benefits with marijuana but abusing the substance can turn all these benefits over to habitual abuse.

To tell you the truth if it wasnt for this substance, it would not have given me the motivation to do all the feats I have done so this year so far & a lot of people are noticing the changes. My lifestyle has changed from one of lazyness induced nights of loneliness to energetic nights of endless debauchery. Along with that I have managed to get my mental state into a more focused stage of weight loss along with physical strengthening that I have never seen myself reach. I have focused myself lately on leaving the substance for testing purposes and have never had the urge to spark it up.

This is just my personal view on the substance since I have done it a few times while I was younger and stopped for a long time then dove into it again recently. As mentioned before the problem with people and this substance is miseducation.

yeah ... i think it is misinformation ....

ill level with yall ... after breaking my neck and getting TWO operations on it ... my body became addicted to narcotics used for pain killers .... morphine sulfate IR and methadone ..not to mention oxycontin, vicodin, percocet, pain patches, ect ect ...

I can honestly say ... i quit taking ALL pills (some serious side effects started happening) so one of my friends suggested trying a little "weed."

I did ... withdrawls were null and void.

I plan on writing a book about the last 4 years of my life ..including all the ups and downs associated with being injured severely along with the depression and drastic life changing consequences.

I always thought marijuana smokers were "full of ****" and looking for any reason to get high ..to legitimize weed ...but ya know ... after all these 29 years of living ... i honestly feel horrible about how ive persecuted pot smokers in the past... NEVER again will i think negatively of someone who smokes weed.

I believe the problem with people and marijuana is not being educated on the substance itself. Please do not quote me as I am not so much educated in the substance as I have dove into this past year. See it depends from person to person, use and abuse. Most people use it for relaxation while others use it to escape realism. As studies become more of a trend with marijuana as you have heard of many a time lately it seems as if it is becoming more upfront than any other 'illegal' substance. I dont know about you but I have drank and it is not a fun thing at all. Whereas marijuana is more of a different experience where it is actually beneficial to you. There are quite a lot of health benefits with marijuana but abusing the substance can turn all these benefits over to habitual abuse.

To tell you the truth if it wasnt for this substance, it would not have given me the motivation to do all the feats I have done so this year so far & a lot of people are noticing the changes. My lifestyle has changed from one of lazyness induced nights of loneliness to energetic nights of endless debauchery. Along with that I have managed to get my mental state into a more focused stage of weight loss along with physical strengthening that I have never seen myself reach. I have focused myself lately on leaving the substance for testing purposes and have never had the urge to spark it up.

This is just my personal view on the substance since I have done it a few times while I was younger and stopped for a long time then dove into it again recently. As mentioned before the problem with people and this substance is miseducation.

I agree with some of your points, but I just wanted to comment on your personal reactions to your use. See, when I smoked (for a couple years out of High School) It did exactly the opposite for me. I felt my mental capacities dropping off and my memory especially. I had a blast dont get me wrong, I went to more than a few awesome concerts and would not trade the experience for anything. (ie. Tool) So, yeah... its interested how it effects everybody differently, like any substance I think a lot of of it is purely psychological as well. I'm glad that you have such a good reaction to it, and you are not alone in not liking to drink. I have quite a few smoking friends that hate to drink.. so thats pretty normal I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back