Many processes on Task Manager

C

C-O-R-E-Y

If I go to the task manager and the I click on Processes I see lots of things and I want help to only have the ones I need.

The following ones are under my User Name:
- devldr32.exe
- Traymon.exe
- osd.exe
- GMT.exe
I have more things running but this ones I don't know what are they for, can you tell me what are each one and how to make them not running with windows anymore?

The following ones are under "SYSTEM" User Name:
- smss.exe
- csrss.exe
- winlogon.exe
- services.exe
- lsass.exe
- spoolsv.exe
- nhsrv.exe
- Crypserv.exe
- NISUM.EXE
- nvsvc32.exe
- NISSERV.EXE
- SymProxySvc.exe

What are each one? Where can I remove them? It is important for me to know what are each one so I can see what can I stop from running with windows.

And why is the process svchost.exe running under "SYSTEM"(theres 3 entries with it), "LOCAL SERVICE", "NETWORK SERVICE"

Please help me with this.
Thanks.

Right:
Devldr32.exe is normally provided by Creative to load your sound devices (sound card. You need it)

Traymon.exe I seem to remember is also provided by creative, if it's the same one, I removed it.

Osd.exe and GMT.exe i'm not sure of.

All those under system I would leave alone. Don't forget that XP is primarily a 'Networking' OS, consequently there are many networking/server processes running in the background which the system depend upon.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

TOK:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back