Manufac. drivers Vs. Chipset drivers?

D

DigiDan

Hey all - working on updating my goods. I'm going to reapply a Ghosted image, but afterwards want to update the AGP drivers, and my sound card drivers.

Can anyone offer some insight as to what "reference" drivers are?

I've got a VisionTek GeForce2MX400 64MB, and aren't sure if I should be downloading drivers from VisionTek, the manufacturer of the card, or to go to nVidia to get drivers from there.

Also just want to mention that this site (formerly XP-erience.org?) is one of the best things since sliced bread. Finally, a community for the consumer to exchange views and ideas and how to get the most bang for our buck!

Thanks

The manufacturer drivers are nvidia optimized drivers for your card so finally will work better ' ( but are not updated so often ) .

Haven't mentioned the sound card ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back