Man loses everything in Craigslist hoax

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
News Link

"An Oregon man has lost nearly all his possessions after a bogus advert on Craigslist offered the contents of his house for free.
Two posts appeared on the site on 22 March stating that Robert Salisbury, an independent contractor, was leaving the area at short notice and was giving away the contents of his house along with his horse...."

Heeter

I came to this thread ready to point and laugh, but poor guy...it wasn't anything he did wrong.

You know what is even more sad? When he came to his house and told people that he never posted that advertisement they shoved the printout in his face and told him since it was on the Internet it must be true and they had the full right to steal his ****.

He must have pissed off the wrong people....very sad...indeed. but, who would at random target him........... questions ??????

this is the point that the shotgun should've come out.

edit: i've been in florida too long :)

Last edited:
shotgun? i would have started swinging the fists, never mind the gun

MEDFORD, Ore. - It wasn't a hoax or revenge that cost a Southern Oregon man many of his belongings when people responded to a Craigslist posting and nearly emptied his rural home, officers say: It was a pair of thieves covering their tracks…deputies say, they tracked computer files to Amber Herbert, 28, and Brandon Herbert, 29.Officers said they determined that the couple had stolen goods from a garage at Salisbury's place a few days before the Craigslist posting and sold the saddles over the Internet.

Link

Burn in hell to the thieves. Probably meth heads.

I'm just glad they are looking into this and found out about the thieves - at least there is positive progress coming out of what could have been total **** for that guy :(

Atleast now he can declare it on his insurance as a theft, he has a police report to prove it.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back