malespeak? translation assistance humbly requested

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political Access
What does "I don't know what I want" said by man to woman really mean?

I'm requesting all options, thoughts, based on experience, extrapolation, and fantasy. Rep to people who contribute w/out being mean.

I don't need more mean.

Why is this called the Green Room?*

(Asking here instead of a relationship site because I want honest translations, not advice from chicks.)

I think thats about as honest as a guy can get without seeming emotional.
Depends on context though, may well be a "what kind of junk food do you want today?" kind of question, but I think its more likely to be relationships right?

uh well.. when I say that I usually don't know what I want. I'm not aware of it containing some hidden meaning...

True.

More options needed, opr more time to consider the options.

Kinda like if you go to Hooters, what to eat, what to drink, and deciding what waitress is the hottest. At first you haven't considered the options, but after you have a couple beers, some food, and look at the other options. You will know.

well... it may mean that he doesnt wanna change something but hes afraid to say it

edit: or that he does but same situation

I'm requesting all options, thoughts, based on experience, extrapolation, and fantasy. Rep to people who contribute w/out being mean.

I don't need more mean.

(Asking here instead of a relationship site because I want honest translations, not advice from chicks.)
Chicks, do people actually use that word in 2007? :laugh:

I don't need more mean.

It's called the Green room because we are environmentally friendly and all drive Prius' and listen to celebrity speeches in Hollywood and say "Thanks".

---

Re: your question, that would be the typical response to a question by a woman to me asking "what is it that you want?". I genuinely may not know what I want in response to a question like that and typically a question like that from the woman is open-ended, not close-ended. This leads to the possibility of more open-ended questions and is a really bad way to get into a possible squabble.

Given that I have neither the energy nor the inclination to want to get into a long diatribe about something that is, most often, inconsequential, why waste the time?

By saying "I don't know what I want" I close the discussion along the initial line of questioning and limit the direction of the disucssion thenceforth. I am a straightforward person and I don't like playing games and testing people. It leads to stress and miscommunication and bad results.

My response is the equivalent of saying "next question please" :)

Maybe he is considering the options: going out on a date with a woman or stay at home with his wife

To me, it really depends on the context on the question. Not being nosey, but without knowing the general subject matter its a bit tough. As it has been said, it could be a way of answering without any inclination one way or another to avoid conflict, or just not wanting to "deal with it". Or, he could truly mean it... but we all know guys don't have emotions right? :D

Another speculation could be, "I'm happy with the way things are right now, but I don't want to say something that will upset you. So I will look indecisive, and play dumb to avoid this conversation."

I don't need more mean.

First question: If the guy is over 40 he's having a mid life crisis. :eek: :p If he is under 40 he is lying and basically wants sex, only sex and nothing but sex. He says he doesn't know what he wants to confuse the female and make her feel a bit sorry for him for acting like a total idiot and/or total dog (ass, butt head, perve, degenerate, etc...). Which could possibly lead to "pity" sex. ;)

Second question: This is called the "Green Room" because we have called it may things including "The Lounge". A place like at a lounge to just kick back and be open, of sorts, or just plain stupid. :) Green Room because that's what was the last one we decided on... Oh who cares, let's get back to the sex thing. :lick:

It's called the Green room because we are environmentally friendly and all drive Prius' and listen to celebrity speeches in Hollywood and say "Thanks".

Hah! I can smell the manure being preped already. :p

Another speculation could be, "I'm happy with the way things are right now, but I don't want to say something that will upset you. So I will look indecisive, and play dumb to avoid this conversation."

Actually the correct answer would be, "What ever you want honey (dear, or what ever it is you call your female ruler) is fine by me." :D

Chicks, do people actually use that word in 2007? :laugh:

Yep, all over northern California, anyway. Not necessarily as a synonym for "women", however. Usually refers to a *type*.

Everyone Else said:
It's what it is.

It wasn't in response to a question; I offered to take the bearded dragon, "if he wanted". (The guy, not the dragon.) Seemed simple enough. Y'all are right.

First question: If the guy is over 40 he's having a mid life crisis. :eek: :p If he is under 40 he is lying and basically wants sex, only sex and nothing but sex. He says he doesn't know what he wants to confuse the female and make her feel a bit sorry for him for acting like a total idiot and/or total dog (ass, butt head, perve, degenerate, etc...). Which could possibly lead to "pity" sex. ;)

Totaly agree

While this could be true, it seems a bit pessimistic to me. In all fairness to whoever this person is, they truly may not know what they want! For example, "Would you like twins or a playboy centerfold?"

While this could be true, it seems a bit pessimistic to me. In all fairness to whoever this person is, they truly may not know what they want! For example, "Would you like twins or a playboy centerfold?"

STOP!!! THERE WILL BE NONE OF THAT ON THIS THREAD!

*where's the stamping foot emoticon, dammit?*

gonaads said:
If the guy is over 40 he's having a mid life crisis. If he is under 40 he is lying and basically wants sex, only sex and nothing but sex.

Without a context, my experience with the men leads me to believe these two states are not mutually exclusive. Just turned 40. *shrug*

Thanks for your thoughts, fellas and Marge :) ... I've gotten over my drama. Next time I'll wait 12 hours before posting!

The real answer is beer. And more beer.

I would not be surprised if he is actually being honest and letting you know what the does not know what he wants. I have many times that people ask me what I want and I really don't know.

Wouldn't there be twins on the centerfold?:nervous:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back