Making PC an FTP Server

i am just going to try it, if it is crap, then back to resolving the problem with serv-u

hey BulletProof FTP is proper CRAP! It just looks like crap aswell.

damn, any more alternatives?

Originally posted by ZAnwar
hey BulletProof FTP is proper CRAP! It just looks like crap aswell.

damn, any more alternatives?

It bogals the Imagine that someone can be admin of a site, and supermod of another and not how to set an ftp up lol !! :D

Serv-U is your best choice ... do like I said and you should be fine..

Serv-U 0wnZ ... big question is since you are running Win XP Pro... are you running FTP services in IIS??

damn, i just ticked it in the connection properties settings.

in add remove programs, iis is not ticked. shall i enable that aswell?

no.. .you DO NOT want FTP in IIS running... this will cause problems.
To check go to Control Panel > Services > set Ftp Publishing to manual ( be sure to stop it first )

ok, in add remove programs, it is remained unchecked.

it is just enabled here:
ftp.JPG

I've been using Bulletproof for years now. It's pretty easy to set up. The only thing that I stumbled at a bit was with the virtual directory setup and using windows shortcuts as links. After I figured that out. It works like a charm. The only other thing that I need to fix is the PASV mode setting so people don't need to adjust that to see my files.

There's also RaidenFTPD. I've heard that that's an incredibly easy to use FTP server, and is very stable.

Plus, if you want a free program, try EFTP. www.eftp.org.
It's a client and server program in one.

did you go into services and see if the service is running??

do you know what errors ppl get when they try to connect to you??

1) i dont see no services in control panel, unless u talking about the one in administrative tools. but still, ftp publishing aint there.

2) the just get errors at the ip checking screen, it says that the ip is wrong, they dont even get to the pass/username screen.

Have you tried setting Serv-U FTP to use a different port then 21?

As your ISP my be blocking that port for incoming traffic.

Right at the beginning when you install the program, you get your choice on what port to use. It's the 2nd thing you set up right after the IP.

open a command prompt... at the c:\ type> ipconfig /all

Whats your ip? Pm it to me if need be

Originally posted by ShepsCrook
Right at the beginning when you install the program, you get your choice on what port to use. It's the 2nd thing you set up right after the IP.

you dont now :confused:

What version Serv U are you using? Because I tested it with the latest version of 4.1.0.3 and it works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back