buy I have tons of audio CD over the years
and just starting ripping them to my HD
so easy . . .using media player 10
and even made a few playlist to enjoy while working on own system
but I cannot find a help menu in media player
2 things I want to do
make a CD for my car using a playlist
what format should they be in?
(i have normal car cd - no mp3 embedded)
and I have a few mp3 songs on my HD
how can i get them onto the same CD
(or different CD) for car

You have to record in audio cd format. Most burning software have a default setting for burning a cd in the format that will play on any cd player. The program will convert compressed files such as mp3, wma and others back into a the proper file structure/format that any cd can play. Just putting wav files on a cd will not work.

You have to record in audio cd format. Most burning software have a default setting for burning a cd in the format that will play on any cd player. The program will convert compressed files such as mp3, wma and others back into a the proper file structure/format that any cd can play. Just putting wav files on a cd will not work.

so . ..
I can mix my playlist (wav . . . mp3 . . and ripped from audio CD)
then export all at once onto an audio CD for car?

thanks

will try this afternoon

Yes, most programs that rip to and audio cd has the screen where you choose what songs you want on it, and the order you put them in should be the order they play in.

Select the files you want in WMP click on burn options select audio cd.

too tired to share all the trials and tribulations
but finally got it to work (biggest issue was to reduce burn speed to 8x :( )
the audio CD DOES play on my home alarm clock (with built in CD player)
but not in car
guess 1996 LXI internal cd player is too 'dumb' to recognize CD-R
(even when CD finalized)
does a program exist that can burn CD into TRUE audio CD
or am Stuck with mp3 player and radio tuner setup

Burn Aware free edition will do the job for you just fine. its free, its fast
http://www.glorylogic.com/overview-free.html

check back and let us know if it worked for you. in which it should

one more thing is make sure you use quality CD-R's

Taiyo Yuden is the only brand I use. but for older model CD players Verbatim CD-R media is best

Last edited:
It may not be the format your car stereo does not like, the media is very improtant, especially for the early players.

1) Burn slow (2-4x MAX!).
2) Try different media types and avoid RW, it is not advised for that old a player. Stick with R media. I had good luck with Imation in the old days but their DVDs are crap now.
3) Try media that is labeled as "for audio CD's", or slower labeled media (24x or less). The slower media uses a different chemistry that is more friendly to older music players.
4) Do some research on burning settings too. There are a lot of options for burn settings and I can't remember the optimum I had to use for old stereos. If you have Nero it may have a setting that will produce better results than WMP which I beleive uses the (yuk!) Roxio engine. Or try some other burning programs. There are some good freeware ones out there that have been mentioned in various posts.

wav = format but all you see on the disc will be small cdda files which contain all the info about the file

Burn Aware free edition will do the job for you just fine. its free, its fast
http://www.glorylogic.com/overview-free.html

check back and let us know if it worked for you. in which it should

one more thing is make sure you use quality CD-R's

Taiyo Yuden is the only brand I use. but for older model CD players Verbatim CD-R media is best

by coincidence, I do use verbatim
these are rated at 52x
but I went down to 8x to get it to even burn!

the only reason I used NERO was because it came with my computer;
will try your suggested software

I might have some 'audio blanks around somewhere' will look later today

as i said before, i use feurio for audio cds, and its pretty awesum

u can try it for free with no limits

and yeah, try 4x max speed

just tried the Burnaway at 4x
still no luck in car
plays ok everywhere else
go the following from the media player help section

Audio CD. Burn music CDs similar to those that you buy. The Player converts tracks from the music playlists in your library into .cda files, and then burns them to the compact disc. Audio CDs can be played in most computers and in home and car CD players that play CD-R and CD-RW discs. You can burn an audio CD from the following file types stored in your library:

the Bold/red emphasis added by me

Try different media.

I have been using Maxell CD-R Pro and have had no issues, I agree with Lee that the old Imation used to be great and now they are crap. The dyes they use and the depth of the dye in the media make a difference, some older CD players had very strong lasers and they will still reflect through the darkened dye layer and not be playable. Some have the dye layer printed on the front of the aluminum substrate for the reflective part of the media and the extra depth of the CD-R doesn't allow and older CD player with a short focal range to play it.

You can eliminate one of the two easily, use a dark burning media on a slow speed to get a high accuracy and high absorbency burn. If this fails to play the try a thinner CD-R media or look at specs to find one that uses a multi-layer approach to get the dye layer closer to the laser. This I know nothing about, but some people talk about certain media having this property.

http://www.ccssinc.com/cdr_dye_explained.php

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back