Making an image!

X

-[xs]-mirage

Umm... perhaps a n00b question but...

I format my computer with XP every 2 months. Almost to the hour. Keeps me all running smooth. But i have to spend like 2 hours redownloading all this sh1t. Winamp, Kazaalite, Updates for XP, and and whole load more of stuff.

Basically my question is.. Is there a program or a way that i can make an image of my hard drive (and burn it to a cd) so i can just pop it into my drive and not have to spend like 2 hours iunstalling and downloading????????

MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!

:cool:

Norton Ghost (Symantec)

and

Drive Image 2002 (PowerQuest)

Both do the same thing...the new Drive Image is significantly more user friendly.

Thanks i have both pieces of soft but i need to know. If when i put the cd in will it boot and restore the image?

I agree with allan Drive Image 2002 (PowerQuest), is very easy to use,

takes me about 1 hour to reformat and reload everything like it was right before the reformat, including the tweaks, OS, files, etc.

Money well spent in my opinion, if something bad happens like a virus, or hard drive failure, etc., your covered no sweet.

Also, why don't you save all the programs you download onto HDD or CDR so you don't have to redownload them? I have all my donwloaded programs on 3 cdr's. I can do a full reformat/install in under 3 hrs.

Anybody know where I can get Drive Image on the cheap. I'm not talking warez, I just want full documentation and can't afford the 70 or so that it is in the stores.

Originally posted by -[xs]-mirage
Thanks i have both pieces of soft but i need to know. If when i put the cd in will it boot and restore the image?

no u have to make a boot disk using the program, really simple, takes two floppies.

cause installing takes time.... seconds i will never get back....

I just want to burn an image to a cd and restore it is this possible??????????????

Originally posted by dreamliner77
Anybody know where I can get Drive Image on the cheap. I'm not talking warez, I just want full documentation and can't afford the 70 or so that it is in the stores.

I don't sorry.

Originally posted by -[xs]-mirage
cause installing takes time.... seconds i will never get back....

I just want to burn an image to a cd and restore it is this possible??????????????

yes but it won't be on 1 single CD. but several, u won't have to go through with installing programs. Just read the help files in Drive Image if u have it.

I have a question,

If you how major of a hardware change can you make before your image is useless?

lots of paper MCSE's out there especially before the MCSE on 2000 track, i've seen it all. not pointing fingers at anyone above, just speaking in general. with the new 2000 track, its almost impossible to pass without working knowledge and reading the books and cheat sheets won't help as much as they did in the past. anyway i prefer Drive Image, makes my life 100 times easier. Also i have a slave drive for all my music/movies etc... with no OS on it so if i re-image, i don't have to worry about shared songs etc...

interesting how he has all Microsoft certs and this is his email on this board mirage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx most of the people that have them bow to bill. but I am not poiting fingers

NO SWEARING - Punk

Originally posted by Furthur
and you are MCSE, MCSA , scary :confused:

That was un-called for in my opinion, there is to be no flaming in the forums, we are to help, not to be critical, or question peoples knowledge. not my forum, but wanted to get my 2 cents in there.

simply amazing. good call, EP.

Granted its a n00b question, um i got my MCSA and MCSE about 2 weeks ago. I know most of the stuff, but all i wanted was some help. Thanks for those who HELPED.:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back