Making a site

Y

Yngwie_II

Hey guys
I'm completely new to site making, HTML, and
any other code or stuff. I'm good in hardware
and in software i'm fine, but i never made
a site, and i had planned to make one years
ago with guitar videos of me in actions etc..
But what is a good program to make one with
and where can i learn it, and a domain?
I heard tk is good.
But one thing, i don't want a geocities page.
I find them cheap you know, not a site in my opinion.
Ok hope you guys can help me out

Yngwie II

When I had a website I used Microsoft's Frontpage. I also experimented with Macromedia's Dreamweaver. They are both good programs. For the beginner I suggest Frontpage. These type of programs make it easy for the begginner to sit down and create a website without much of a background in HTML. As far as learning these programs, there are many inexpensive books that you can get that will give you all the help you need. Also, the Internet is full of help. As you get more advanced, then you can start learning HTML so that you can edit the code that Frontpage/Dreamweaver gives you or you can write solely in HTML. For a domain, I tried several and eventually ended up with HostRocket. They are a little more expensive but their services and support are very good.

http://www.hostrocket.com/home/index.htm

Hope this helps.

thx man, I have frontpage from my office xp professional set.
I'll try it out, i never knew what it was :p

For the domain part. I would like a free domain though, cuz
i ain't got a credit card and don't live in the us.

Ok laterz

i myself am using www.brinkster.com a free account to host my site its pretty good and im using www.dot.tk for a url redirection and i disabled my banner from dot.tk so there is even no banner hey let u disable the banner in the options really good. Brinkster is very good web host fast and stuff. I used dreamweaver mx its really good. My site is located at www.vibe69.tk

Well I want a site that starts like this: you get one page
when you type in a simple address. It's black and has
a choose your destination kind of thing. You can choose
two ways, one computers, other, guitars. And on the computer
page i will want to post my idea of the latest and best computer
(will be updated offcourse) and things to know and such, no hacking though. And on the guitar page i'll discuss best guitarists
and post my videos that i'm playing in. I think maybe i could put
a little more on it, but thats what i'm thinking of so far. It doesn't need to be the fanciest site known to man, but preferably
no ads, and just a very nice site to be proud of that people
will frequenty visit i suppose. The simple address i really want
to. Like that tk stuff is like for grannies :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back