Making a new directory for Recycle Bin?

A

AaronMcarthur

I guess you could call it that. Everyone knows that when you delete something, it goes to the recycle bin, then you empty the trash so it's not there anymore. Well how can I change the directory of the recycle bin, like let's say I delete something and it goes to the recycle bin, well I want it to go somewhere else like in a hidden folder. How would I accomplish that?

Thanks.

Some Norton program has a setting for a recycle bin besides the xp one. If you forget about though it you will eventually fill your hard drive with rubbish.

The recycle bin is a system folder and to move or hide it you'll have to tamper with the regisitry a bit. You can remove the icon from the desktop using TweakUI. I found this article that talks about getting it back... I suppose you could follow it in reverse to hide it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810869&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Another option is actually a two step process. Create a folder somewhere then go to your Documents and Settings folder/your username/'Send to' folder. In there create a shortcut to the folder you want to send this stuff to. When you right click on something select 'send to' instead of delete first and it will be copied to the folder you created the shortcut for, then you'll need to delete the original copy of what you sent and empty your recycle bin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back