Makeing m3p's Smaller

paul2-0-0-2

OSNN Senior Addict
Got a Album and need to make it about 60 Mb to Fit on my Mp3 Player

Now the 11 songs are Variable Bit Rate 300 to 600 and its 66.4mb

Anyway to make the Album to 60mb??

I though converting them to 192 would do it but it made the mp3s Bigger :confused:

But still want it good quality 128kbs Sounds Crap and to Quiet

Thx in Advance

Hmm...resampling them at 192 or 128 both will make them sound like crap. Try it with a song and you'll hear what I mean.

Everytime you resample a sound, it becomes is less accurate than the one before it.

yes i know what you mean :) but 192 is Fine on the mp3 Player but anything below is Crap but cant seem to Convert it to Fit

But might aswel ask in case theres a way :)

yes thats what i think i might at to go with but hopeing theres a way to make them 192 lol :p

I see. Sadly, though, it all comes down to math.

Let's say you have an hour of music. At 192 kilobytes per second (Kbps), this hour of music will take up 86.4 megabytes. At 128 kbps, it will only take up 57.6 MB. That rate can't be changed in a "constant bitrate" MP3.

mooo said:
don't add your 2 worst songs :)

lol wana add it to mp3 player so i can lhear it propley :p

I see. Sadly, though, it all comes down to math.

Let's say you have an hour of music. At 192 kilobytes per second (Kbps), this hour of music will take up 86.4 megabytes. At 128 kbps, it will only take up 57.6 MB. That rate can't be changed in a "constant bitrate" MP

Thx guess it will at to be 128 lol :eek:

EDIT: You know a good Free program to convert them??

If they are VBR 300-600 kbps mp3, they are just barely even mp3. They are free-format mp3's. There are only a few codecs that can encode/decode free-formant correctly. (How exactly are you getting you're bit rate info, what you've stated doesn't quite sound right?)

Unwonted is correct in what he was saying about it being a time issue.

You're best option would be to use LAME and and use the command line --abr 150 or something. That way the bitrate will AVERAGE around 150kbps.

As far as converting, you have a few options
1) decode to wave, re-encode
2) Foobar2000
3)dBpoweramp.

Does your player support wma files? wma are smaller than mp3 and better quality at lower bit rates.

Re-rip your cd @ bitrate needed ... don't downsample your mp3s.

Just to nitpick...

It is not resampling or downsampling.

Resampling would be changing the sample rate. For cd's (mp3 etc) it's 44.1 kHz. For DVD, DAT etc, it's 48 kHz.

The process there is called transcoding.

Done it at the end made them 164kbs sounds ok but not that good :| used Music Match tried DBpoweramp but something went wrong forgot what now lol

Thx for the Tips :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back