Make your own boot CD... yeah right!

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Bootable CD's warfare

I wasted 9 cd's so far. I've read 3 tutorials. I've printed 2 of 'em. I've been putting 'check'-marks after every step on every tutorial. I've checked everything twice before burning the CD. Then I've checked everything for the third time. I've used Nero, EasyCD creator and CDRWin. I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

I own a non-bootable copy of WinXP pro. The goal is to create a bootable cd with unattend.txt, so I don't have to specify all the standard shit.

Now, the errors I've got so far:

• xxxx.dll missing, setup cannot continue
  • can't find the EULA. Setup cannot continue
  • cannot access the Windows XP Professionnal CD-Rom, make sure the cd is in the drive, and press any key to continue
  • Please insert the Windows XP cd-rom into the A: drive and press any key to continue (one of those again, and Im gonna do it!)

Please give me a link or write me a tutorial so simple that even my mom would understand, becouse I'm really desperate.

Greetz

Lukas

You could also download the bootdisk (floppy) from microsoft which will eliminate the need for a bootable CDROM (useful if you have a 3rd party raid device and can't select to boot from the cdrom)

thnx

Gajef, this is indeed a nice site.

Punk, the meaning of all this is that I will be able just to put in my cd rom and watch the whole installation without doing anything. The setup takes about 50 mins, and I'm always filling in the same details.

Greetz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back