• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Make Temporary internet subdirectories visible

Kevin Ar18

OSNN Senior Addict
Inside the Temporary Internet Folders are number of other folders which cannot be viewed through normal means. In fact they can't even be searched either.
One of those folders is Content.IE5

Anyone know how I can keep windows from hiding those folders and how and I can allow them to be searched?

System and hidden folders are already set to visible.

Whenever I want to view those folders, I close bowser windows and open a command prompt window in that folder. I then type

attrib -h -r -s -a desktop.ini

to unhide that file, then type

del desktop.ini

to delete it, since that's got the settings telling Explorer to browse it differntly. Now it should browse normally under Explorer. The file get's recreated again later on anyway (dunno what triggers it though) :) You may need to repeat for the subfolders too, I can't remember if that's a necesseity though.

S

Static 99

You can also view the content of the Content.IE5 folder with WinRAR. :cool: If you do a search in this forum (at the top next to the home button) for index.dat, you'll get more then enough info about this subject.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies