Make Firefox look better in Windows Vista

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I just posted a mini-tutorial on my blog that shows you how to make Firefox look more like a native Vista application.

Even though I think IE 7 is a big step-up from its predecessor, I still prefer Firefox for its versatility, even on Windows Vista. But the fact is, while IE 7 looks like a native Vista application, Firefox doesn't quite fit in. The default Winstripe theme was fine on XP, but I think it looks out of place with Vista's new Aero UI.

Fortunately, we can fix that pretty easily and have it looking like this in no time...
firefox_vista_small.jpg

Steps are posted here.
Let me know what you think. :)

I'm surprised you like the removal of the menu bar, I never use it either, but it has been in every single program since the dawn of the GUI. Drives me nuts in Office 2007.

I'm surprised you like the removal of the menu bar, I never use it either, but it has been in every single program since the dawn of the GUI. Drives me nuts in Office 2007.
What's the point of having it there if you never use it? :)

I agree that it throws you off a bit at first, but I think it's a good change. Less elements on the screen to distract you, and more space on the screen for stuff that you're actually interested in.

i'll give this a shot when i get home :) although i like the toolbar, and have the web dev toolbar as well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back