make desktop icons smaller?

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
any ideas? i tried searching around in Vista but have come up short.

Hold down the Ctrl key and use the scroll-wheel on your mouse. :)

Last edited:
Not a problem.
It also works in Explorer windows to resize icons and image/video/document thumbnails, by the way. :)

Nice! thanks for the help as always man!

Hold down the Ctrl key and use the scroll-wheel on your mouse. :)
Net,
Having the same issue with HUGE icons. I'm running Opty 185 x2 @ 3.2Ghz, same MB, 3 GB Corsair XMS DDR400, 2x Maxtor 200Gb, 512 Radeon x1650 Pro and 2x LG 19" LCDs. Screen res is 1280x1024 but icons are still huge. Tried your suggestion of holding down the Ctrl key and using the scroll wheel but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing something?

just right click on your desktop and select view > classic icons

voila

I'd posted about this the other day as I've blogged about the subject but I guess OSNN don't like off site links :cry:

how do you do this in windows xp? i want to make the windows icons smaller and i also want to make the grid tighter (so i can fit more on the screen), is there a 3rd party applet that lets you do this? or a key in the registry that can be edited?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back