make & animate character in 3dsm6

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi all by the end of the academic year (I think I have about a month left) I have to design and make a character and also animate it in 3D Studio Max.

I have 3d Studio Max 6 and I have been using the program every so often to get used to it. However with me not being a very good drawer it is quiet hard to go and make a character, I have only managed to make a hand, animate it and animate some text.

I just wondered if any of you guys know a good online tutorial for making a character and animating it. Obviously I will change it to my liking so it’s not a direct copy. Cheers.

btw it has to be done in 3DSM.

uhm... you need a year or two to learn 3dsmax modelling and animation. search google though (or msnsearch.com) is your best bet also search for lightwave tutorials if you dont get many 3dsmax tutorials. Where there is lightwave material there is 3dsmax material not far away :)

lol I know but my teacher is dumb and gets a studio max teacher in the last month o_0. I have been searching on google but most results want me to buy a tutorial cd just wondered if you guys had any bookmarked. Lightwave 64 seems pretty cool :p.

So there is no tutorial, bum this is wat I hate about studiomax, just making somthing is so hard but the app is easy =\.

I've been using Maya for over a year, and it takes months to be able to create something like that, if you don't know what you're doing. These programs are a definite challenge, and I think your instructor is being very unrealistic. :p

Melon

I used Maya before StudioMax gave up with Maya lol I know wat you mean my teacher is unrealstic! Thanks for links.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back