Major Problems! [CD]

X

XtreaM

.....I turn to anyone of you, that may have any sugestions on how to fix my problem....

The thing is.....my pc freezes when I insert a cd in my drive, and I have to reboot...

I've tested about 5 cd/dvd drives.....but still the same....

So I think it's in the XP...

I think I've tested all posible sulutions....but no luck =(

* Re-Installed XP
* Changed cd/dvd readers
* Changed medias (EVEN! reatail cd's - no change)
...etc.

BUT!....sometimes some cd's work....(getting crazy)

PLEASE HELP!

:confused:

hmm try using a different IDE cable. ie: try using one from HD to CD and the other from HD to CD, if this is the way its configured now, try one cable for HD's and another cable for CD's good luck thats the only thing i can think of

I'll have a look...but i DOUBT that it's going to make any change...

I've even tryed with scsi...but still the same.....:(

why type of cd's do u mainly put in the drive and how old is the drive?

CD-R's....and retail audio cd's

This started to happen long time ago...when I inserted a blank cd-r to try out the built-in burn program in XP.....

also if there 80min cd's some cdroms and cdrw's can't read them properly even if they are retail.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back