Major Problem with XP

N

Nick718

I've had XP Pro on this Dell Dimension PC for about 4 months now. Ever since I've installed it (on a clean reformat mind you), I've been having this problem. The computer would auto reboot, about every 2 hours or so if I was using it, and maybe a bit more if it was just sitting there downloading something. I found and disabled auto-restart, and now I just keep getting the blue screen. When I reboot after one of these, scan disk takes a good 5 minutes to cpmplete, which is very long compared to what it usually takes if I just restart incorrectly. The only program I've had running from the day I installed XP is Norton, the newst version. Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? Could it be memory related, i've done all sorts of things to try and fix it through virutal memory tweaking and such. Or could it be Norton? I alwayhs have it running in the tray, could it be causing this problem? If I can't fix this, I'll be going back to 98, I can't take it any longer.
Thanks everyone.

I'm having the same problem, only mine has been happening only a month ago. I also have a dell, but I think that has nothing to do with it. Mine says Stop: 0x0000000a, also, BCCODE: A, I have no idea what it is and it is really annoying me. I need a fix fast because I'm back in school now and need to get work done and I can't because it restarts no matter what program I use and everything is lost. I psoted on here and there is another person in the Tweaks and Tips(?) section with a similiar problem. Microsoft database has nothing listed either. Hopefully we can find a solution fast or else this gives me a reason to rebuild

Thanks for the help, I think I'm going to have to try it, I have no other options at this time, I'll let you all know how turns out when I try it

I had a smilar problem. It turned out to be the scanner I had was not compatible with XP. I disconnected the scanner and no more problems (except that I can't use the scanner).

I have both black ice and all of norton, I just uninstalled Black Ice and I think that this is what was causing the problem, so far no errors (fingers crossed), thanks for the help and links everyone

glvsr...I couldnt get my scanner to work also...this is what I did...
del the twunk and twain files from the windows dir installed the software...shut down plugged into the usb restarted and it caught it...pointed to the driver and voila...working now...my scanner is a microtek 3600 hope this helps might want to just rename the files so you don't lose them or just move them out of the win dir

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back