• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Major problem ( after case upgrade )

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
First I've replaced my old noname case ( PSU = 350 W ) with an Antec 2650 BQE 350 W . I've installed all components in new case and started a tour
through windows xp applications & games . Problems started :
1 . While connecting to internet ( login ) system restars ( wierd with no error reported by windows )
2 . I've removed the case FAN ( which comes with case - 120 mm ) . Started Half Life 2 and before entering the loading point a wierd ( process stopped .. ) problem
occured .

I've decided to fomat and reinstall Windows XP with Service Pack 2 . I've format C ( with no problem ) and started the "common journey" for installing windows .
Before widows files ( after press F8 for agree and press ENTER to install windows XP ) are transfered to HDD system get's an error " System need to shut down
cause an error appeared ..
If it's the first time please restart pc and .. ( I've done for more than 3 times )
If you have installed new hardware remove and so on ..
I'm stucked cause I have no ideea what can be and what can I do in this moment . I simply cannot install now any windows xp . ( O. S ) . I'm sure someone can give
me a reason and a solution for my wierd problem . I still have the old case / psu but I cannot imagine if a PSU can cause such a problem . :cry: :cry:
Thanks a lot for your time and ideeas .

Cosmin

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Hey Cosmin. How's it going?? You not the computer. :D

Open the case & remove/unplug everything that you can. Now try installing XP & see if it goes all the way. If so put the hardware back one at a time till the problem occurs again.

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I'm writing from my father's laptop ( only in the evening as you can see :cry: ) . I'll try that with assistance ( a friend of mine ) but do you know any memory & HDD testing applications ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis