• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

major prob

A

Athalonxp1800gu

Ok i had to post a completely clueless thread like this but am clueless.... My computer (I just built) just restarts without warning. Here are the specs, Biostar mb (onboard video/audio) 512 megs of sdram. 80 gig ibm deskstar. (any other specs ask becuase i cant think of anything else) Only thing open when it recycled was winmx, and internet explorer. HELP!!!
And i checked the cpu temp with speedfan and it says its only around 48 to 50 degrees.

A

Athalonxp1800gu

well it has never ran constantly for more than 24 hours.....if that helps any, i was also thinking faulty ran, but when i run speed fan it says the cpu temp is 51 degrees (celcius) and there is a little fire icon beside it....could the cpu temp be causing it?

A

Athalonxp1800gu

Sorry to bring this thread back up but i just talked to the guy thats having this problem...the computer doesnt actually restart it just flashes the biostar bios window then back to the desktop!
very weird!

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
I notice no one has told this guy to go into the system properties and disable automatic restart on fatal error, it's got to be worth a shot, that way he can get a fault code when the PC dies.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies