Major Popups Lately

Not 100% on topic but make sure you update your Flash as there is a new 0day exploit and I see you visit Facebook (which I'm sure would be in the top 10 for sites to be exploited). Oh and you had something flash running in your hijack this log. :)

Never heard of a 0day exploit before, i will see if I can update my flash.

*EDIT

I have the latest version, so should be fine, otherwise can't do much.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {129FA2A1-408C-4824-83A4-5001581FD01E} - C:\Windows\system32\geBUOIXr.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6714DE85-4886-460F-9539-79A999BF7E5C} - C:\Windows\system32\rqRLfcyw.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSServer] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\geBUOIXr.dll,#1
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [a6472761] rundll32.exe "C:\Windows\system32\rphklrrm.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMa57414fd] Rundll32.exe "C:\Windows\system32\xmuswwaq.dll",s

Those are most likely what's causing the problems. I'd suggest getting rid of them.
Looks like a nice little trojan in stalled atm.

I was just about to say that after removing those things from Spybot and Nod32 I am still having the issue. So I ran Hijackthis again and removed those items unknownsoul, and while removing them it asked me to close Firefox so that is a good sign.

I will see if it continues.

*EDIT Sorry, I just got this thing, that poped up and minimized my browser. Also right when that happened NOD32 picked this up, which has been there before and I have removed, so it came back?

Last edited by a moderator:
also, go to this site.

housecall.trendmicro.com

it'll scan your computer from the internet, and picks up stuff the others won't. Once you find out what trojan you have, go to norton and download the individual removal tool.

Hope that helps!

I have not tried anything under Safemode yet, after changing my ram and loading windows NOD32 found 2 more things, so obviously there is something really wrong when there shouldn't be. I take care lol.

I will be running those things under Safemode now.

Ran Spybot and Hijackthis from Safe Mode.

Removed all the files stated about and related ones from Hijackthis, though each time I do it seems that my cookies and passwords and all that are reset, have to reenter them.

Spybot found a bunch more, along with Vitrumonde and Virtumonde.dll once again. Removed them all, and just for the hell of it I wanted to see, I ran it again right away after and guess what, Vitrumonde.dll was still there.

Why and how is it coming back?

Delete your restore files and turn off pagefile before cleaning the stuff out. Windows supports malware squirelling away backups in both places.

Though I thought VISTA was better than that. You are running VISTA right?

As for how it got in there, shrug. An email, thumb drive, mp3, video, anything can be a carrier these days. Even commercial distro's have been infected, including clean, off the shelf thumb drives have been found with factory installed virii.

I'm amazed I don't get more than I do get. Fingers crossed for jinxing myself.

yes system restore is a pain in the arse in these cases, glad i don't run it :)

I don't understand how I got it, I keep better care and take measures that most people shouldn't even have to or do. There has not been any new keys or cd's or anything that I added, so it is weird.

I am running Vista, I followed one of those links and downloaded the ComboFix tool, ran it and restarted and so far it seems to be good (hoping I didn't jinx it). If it does continue then I will try to clear my restore files and all that good stuff lol

Quite possible I guess, just not likely.

Anyways, so far so good. Back to way it should be.

seeing as tens of thousand have been hit by hacks and a lot more have been getting hit by an sql injection exploit you cant rule anything out

Running Spybot again within normal Windows...

Found Virtumonde once again, I don't understand, isn't Spybot and NOD32 and all these programs made to get rid of this crap?

Tried doing the manual remove of the files and dll and registry stuff, though I can't find any of them. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

*also, tried downloading the vudofix whatnot program, it can't find anything infected, this is pissing me off.

disable system restore, and set windows to show hidden folders and hidden system files, by turning off system restore it should delete all files from its folder and by turning on show hidden folders and system files it should allow all programs to see files the trojen may have hid

I'll tell you one solution that makes things much easier.

I dual-boot almost all my own computers. On the older ones I have two XP installations; on my newer one I have one Vista and one XP. Normally when something like that happens where the antivirus can't get rid of something when running that Windows installation, a reboot into the other Windows and scanning from there will take care of it. Of course, I shut down Windows therefore turn the computer off before booting into the other installation.

I know you probably don't have this option, just thought I'd mention it for the future.

Also, the times when I've had to run Acronis True Image to restore a Windows partition, it restores faster from another Windows partition than by booting the Linux version from the Acronis Secure Zone or the emergency CD. It's also faster than booting BartPE although I do that when absolutely necessary. That's largely due to my older computer's VIA 8237-based SATA RAID, and apparently Linux support for it. From the Linux version, it would take 30+ minutes. From Windows it takes 10 minutes. I don't have this problem with nVidia nForce chips RAID. Acronis True Image doesn't support my ATI RAID though.

Sorry for getting off topic. :)

stick xp disc in - chose recovery mode, cd c:\windows\system32 - del bleh.dll or bleh.exe, that's one sure fire way to remove files, under x64 (xp or vista) you will have to go to syswow64, but normally if you disable system restore and run spybot and hijackthis from safe mode it should remove most things, also clean any and all temp files/folders - including IE hidden temp internet folders, even if you don't use IE, has on the systems i have had to clean up :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back