Main Page Sizing Issue?

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I noticed this a few times today, when I visit the main page, only under "forum", the titles don't stay on one line, they stretch to two.

EDIT: I know in my screenshot I have it minimized, but even when I maximize it still happens

Attachments

• osnn.GIF
    osnn.GIF
    159.4 KB · Views: 75
no problem here. Possibly a problem with Avant.

I had a feeling that would be posted as a reply after I posted it, but I Have used Avant for at least a year and never had this problem. Ah well, no biggie really just wanted to report it.

It goes away if I click on a post, or go to the forum section whereas bringing me away from the main page.

Mastershakes said:
Agreed, IE displays everything fine. Use it. :)
kcnychief didn't ask for alternative suggestions. Just for reference though, Avant browser uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine.

kcnychief, have you tried using the 1024 and 800 themes ?

I get the same problem as the chief, at work and at home, both on IE, 1024 x 768 at work and 1280 x 1024 at home. Though it seems ok today :rolleyes:

I have actually started making changes to the frontpage before seeing this thread, but started after it had been posted.
basically we had a 728px wide space with 4x210px attempting to be fitted into it.
sadly this is not possible.

I have changed it to percentages now (though could easily have also used fixed values) so should be sorted now... on 1280 anyway, will do the others later, need to go buy myself something for my birthday as no other bugger did. boo.

SPeedY_B said:
kcnychief didn't ask for alternative suggestions. Just for reference though, Avant browser uses the Internet Explorer rendering engine.

fair enough. perhaps quelch the 'gaim and trillian' pushes that plague every instant messenger thread?

heheheh. ah Monday morning.

SPeedY_B said:

Thanks for the re-inforcement on Avant, saves me the typing :)

I haven't tried with different themes, everywhere I use a PC (work, home, other) I use 1600x1200. I know this will have its drawbacks in some cases, but usually I just deal with it. I normally wouldn't say anything, except this didn't always happen on the main page, so I figured I would bring it up.

Also, incase you didn't notice from my screenshot, this was also happening under the "Main News". I don't mean to complain, just figured I'd help you guys by pointing it out.

On a side note, I have to say the responses on this thread make a great forum even better. You guys are, and always have been (from other threads I read) really on top of stuff. No wonder the site is as successful as it is!

Electronic Punk said:
I have actually started making changes to the frontpage before seeing this thread, but started after it had been posted.
basically we had a 728px wide space with 4x210px attempting to be fitted into it.
sadly this is not possible.

I have changed it to percentages now (though could easily have also used fixed values) so should be sorted now... on 1280 anyway, will do the others later, need to go buy myself something for my birthday as no other bugger did. boo.

Who takes time off to shop! Boo on you! :)

If you weren't a billion miles away, I'd mail you something for your birthday. I hear you like cake :)

So this is resolved? I've installed Avant, testing ... can't duplicate KCs screenie yet... and the work PC won't go to 1600x1200 lol.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back