Main page does not show up correctly in Firebird

Q

Quick Reply

the left column seems to be wider than what it should be, it's even causing horizontal scroll bars!

it's even causing horizontal scroll bars!
the devil! :D
Just wait for the page to fully load, then slap refersh.. it works.. I think it's a FireBird bug rather than the page.

Well I had a look at the source, and worked it out, it's certainly not a firebird thing though!

http://www.ntfs.org/index.php, Line 78
PHP:
<table style="border-collapse: collapse; border-top-width: 0" align="center" width="100%" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="7" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#26354F">

should be...

PHP:
<table style="border-collapse: collapse; border-top-width: 0" align="center" width="100" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="7" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#26354F">

notice the width="100% " shouldn't have the %.

I tested the html without the % on my local machine and it works much better without it :D ;)

well ok even though the workaround didn't work for me, but I tested my solution, and it didn't need a workaround ;)

I'm getting same result w/ mozilla 1.5rc2 and refresh doesn't seem to fix it :(

Do you let the page FULLY load before refreshing? I've found that if it's not completely loaded refreshing does nothing..

yes I let it fully load ... I just happend to see the theme on the left side and changed it from "orbitz" and all is well again. Change it back and it's broke ... seems "orbitz" is the problem for me as "ekko" is fine :D

Yeah, same here. The refresh "fix" doesn't work with the Orbitz theme, only the Ekko theme.

Aah, I never use Orbitz that's why I thought the refresh thing just worked for everyone :)

yeah I'm using Orbitz(the silver one), and let the page full load fully, and the refresh didn't work.... so yea... can an admin please fix this ASAP? it's really hard to read stuff!

Just because in almost all IE problem threads someone comes in and says change to Firebird. So...

Use IE :D

Originally posted by Khayman
Just because in almost all IE problem threads someone comes in and says change to Firebird. So...

:D Har! I suppose turnabout is fair play. I used Mozilla for about four days and decided I was too much a part of the Borg to leave IE. MyIE2...

Originally posted by Khayman

Shocking mate.... shocking :p

I'm running Mozilla firebird 0.6.1 (latest build according to their site) and I don't seem to see a problem with it. It firstly renders it as 100% width - then within the blink of an eye lid (as it renders the rest of the page) it reduces to it's correct size.

Which version of mozilla are you running? - i'm guessing it encounters a problem after rendering the menu to 100%, hence it leaves it at 100% and doesn't reduce it.

I have looked into the fix you posted above... and yeah - the % sign isn't suppose to be there - have fixed it in both themes (expanded and original/contracted).

Thanks for spotting it, have had people mentioning problems related to this before ... but as I never had a problem with it on any browsers (there shouldn't really be a problem) - I didn't feel anything really needed to be done about it as I couldn't find anything in the code which was doing it - now I'm thinking that I should have had a closer look :D

MdSalih

EDIT: Have reverted orbitz expanded back to 100% as it made the table look out of line.. Also i'm kinda gussing your still going to have a similar problem as the header bit of menu is still set to 100% - will have a better look into it after eating + school work.

I'm using Mozilla 0.7 (NOT 0.7+)- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925 Firebird/0.7

and it works perfectly now! thanks a lot!

Well I'm using that exact same build and it still does it for me.

Oops, just thought of something. I haven't cleared my cache. I'll try that and see what happens.

Edit: yep, that was it. All's well now. Thank you for fixing it.

Edit (again): Nevermind. It is still doing for me. Just not every time like it was before.

OK here's an observation. Every time I clear my cache, and load up the site, I don't get the stretched out menu. But every time after that (when the browser pulls it from cache), I do get the stretched out menu.

Hmmm ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back