mailserver?

mooo

thecyberninja
I am running a webserver from my home and i was wondering about a mailserver also. I purchased the domain from godaddy and forwarded it to my ip. Is there a way i can setup a mailserver to use my domain name also?
ex: blah@mydomain.com instead of blah@myip

Thanks,
mooooooo

yep,, just install it, and have the url redirect to mail.whateveryourips.com

install what?
EDIT::
I have a copy of kerio mail server and argosoft mailserver from work my boss let me take home. If there are any better ones or easier ones doing what I would like to do please let me know

Last edited:
It also depends on your ISP, mine blocks port 25 so I cant run a mail server. I dont want to pay for any port forwarding services either.

I don't think its blocked but i could be wrong. I have godaddy mail set to forward to brandon@ip now i have to figure out kerio to pick that up. these programs should be newb friendly :)

If you running a webserver, then your ports might not be blocked, as your ISP usually blocks port 80 along with 25, kinda go hand-in-hand. Then do what Johnny said. One of my client's workplaces uses the simple version (cheap boss, will not pay for the Pro) of ArgoSoft and it looks pretty easy.

Heeter

Well I run a webserver, my ISP (Sympatico) doesnt block port 80 but does block port 25. Im not suppose to run a http server or a remote access server but meh. Remote access is for me only and its not for an internet relay.

mooo said:
I am running a webserver from my home and i was wondering about a mailserver also. I purchased the domain from godaddy and forwarded it to my ip. Is there a way i can setup a mailserver to use my domain name also?
ex: blah@mydomain.com instead of blah@myip

Thanks,
mooooooo

Hey, there's something I might be missing... ooooops, was going to say something stupid... you host your own domain, it is not hosted by a 3rd party... sorry. I have 10 e-mail accounts provided with my web space. I'm out of the subject, sorry again ;)

Admiral Michael said:
Well I run a webserver, my ISP (Sympatico) doesnt block port 80 but does block port 25. Im not suppose to run a http server or a remote access server but meh. Remote access is for me only and its not for an internet relay.

Your right , AM. My old ISP did block relays only.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back