Magical, moving toolbar!

T

Tonya

When I shut down my pc last night, my little 1/2 inch toolbar was at the bottom of my window. When I got up this morning, my big 2 inch toolbar had magically transported to the left side of my window! I don't like it there!! How do I move it back? I've tried to resize the darn thing, but it won't cooperate! Help!?

Tonya :rolleyes:

Unlock taskbar (untick context menu on right clicking the taskbar) then click, hold and drag the taskbar till it snaps to any chosen edge on the screen... you won't see it moving like program windows, it'll move when you reach dragging the bottom (or chosen) edge.

Hey, Thanks!! That worked, it's now at the bottom of the window again, but how do I get it back to 1/2 inch in size? It's still huge!

Tonya :huh:

Put your cursor at the top edge of the bar so that you get a double ended (up and down) arrow. Click and hold and drag downwards to your desired width.

I tried that, it doesn't work. Before you ask, yep, it's unlocked!;)

Tonya

Hmm, so the 'Lock the Taskbar' on the right-click menu of the bar at the bottom is definately NOT ticked?

If that is the case then im lost, there should be nothing stopping you resizing the bar. The only reason that there wouldnt be a double-ended arrow would be if it was locked.

Right click an empty space in the quick launch bar, go to view and choose small icons. If this doesn't help untick the quick launch completely and then try to resize the taskbar. Perhaps post a screenshot if still no luck. Anybody might have an idea then.

Nope, didn't work. When I use the sizing arrow, I can take the toolbar all the way to the bottom of the page, so it looks like just a straight blue line. But I can't stop it half way, it just goes back to either the large toolbar or the straight line. (I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do a screenshot!)

Tonya

To take a screenshot of the whole desktop simply press the print key, then open Paint and in the edit menu click paste, then save as anyname.jpeg. To take a screenshot of the taskbar alone, first click an empty space on it, then press Alt+Print and procede as above.

I know you all are going to be disappointed, but.... The toolbar isn't magical at all! My daughter decided to mess around with the toolbar. She doesn't know what she did. ???

The symbols in the notification area (next to the clock) are now above each other, right? Try to close all of them. Also rightclick the taskbar, properties, and untick "display clock". Close all extra toolbars. With nothing left but the start button and an empty taskbar try to resize it again.
Perhaps you have more luck, if you use the keyboard for resizing. Press ctrl+esc, then esc, then alt+space+s, then use the up and down arrow keys to change the size.
Hope it works.

Alright!! Got it! Thanks for all your help! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back