Macromedial Player 6?

T

tomsxp1

Hello, Can anyone tell me what this download is for? It keeps popping up at different times and I don't want to download it until i find out if i should or not? Thank You Tom

Macromedia Flash is ok, don't worry about getting it, basically produces some very cool animations on the web similar to the one used for the WindowsXP tour when you first login..

Yo Electronic Punk

Wasnt there a security hole found in the player ?

Not sure but I did catch the tidbit on a site somewhere but cant remember where it was at now, In all honesty, I did hear something regarding Macromedia's Player.

Damn I just wished I had a PHOTOGRAPIC MEMORY, Then I wouldnt have to deal with my HUMAN SIDE being DEFRAGMENTED (hehe). (sorry but its true none the less :D )

Macromedia Flash Player 6 has had no major security flaws that have been reported. You use flash every day most likely, and just don't know it.

Go ahead and download it next time it comes up...it'll allow you to access all of the newer flash sites.

I really wish I had a photograpic memory...and not for remembering security updates...

i understand why you posted this...anything that says "a quick, free download" gets me suspicious...it reminds me of gator.

Macromedia is a web-site making program, or for making the intro's of websites. I was all into flash a year ago...i wanted to do the intro for sites...

some good flash sites are
www.eye4u.com (a german site...i love intro there)
www.2advanced.com ( a really high quality site....charges around $10.000 to make your intro)

Originally posted by DrMetallica
Macromedia is a web-site making program, or for making the intros of websites. I was all into flash a year ago...i wanted to do the intro for sites...

boy thats an off statement

Macromedia is a software company.......their focus is the web.

programs include; Dreamweaver (web page authoring program), fireworks (focuses on creating web images, jpg & gif), flash (primarily a vector based graphics animation tool but with script has become so much more), freehand (graphics tool similar to illustrator) coldfusion (server side engine for dynamic content similar to .asp) and are all in newest version in studio mx

flash is commonly used for intros but entire sites can be done with it and now theres a flash communication server to work with it for flash chat etc.........

and they make other programs but still mostly web focused; director, homesite, sitespring, fontographer

anyway the flash player 6 (which if files are created in it will want to load newest player to play it) is fine 98% of web users have a version already installed IE6 came with flash5 player.........there was a very small code hole way back but was fixed quickly i believe, also the shockwave player (for director files) is just as safe and stable

i understand why you posted this...anything that says "a quick, free download" gets me suspicious...it reminds me of gator. You got that right DrMatallic, that Gator was a real scum, and so was bonzy buddy, I am Paranoid, because of them, that's exactly what popped into my mind when the download screen came up. As a matter of fact once in awhile, when i visit certain websites, that Gator download comes on, I start playing the keys on this pc like a madman, making sure it does not download! I will check out this possible flaw business first/ too! I made the mistake of upgrading Zone Alarm and my xp would take for ever to Shutdown and it was a resource hog, had to get rid of it, May go to Outpost. Thanks everyone, Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back