Macromedia Dreamweaver MX

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Yo!
Before I even consider going about buying Dreamweaver MX, I just wanna know whether it has support for inline frames as M$ Frontpage does? Thanks!

RaG

Edit:
Sorry mods, kinda posted this in a rush, feel free to move to apps if this is in the wrong place. :)

Notepad supports Iframes, so why wouldn't DreamWeaver? Oh, wait... it's one of them "The user knows nothing, click click"-apps, eh? ;>

Originally posted by grimman
Notepad supports Iframes, so why wouldn't DreamWeaver? Oh, wait... it's one of them "The user knows nothing, click click"-apps, eh? ;>

LOL. :p

Anyways, it's just that I went over to a friend's house and he had Dreamweaver MX. I had a copy of my "sample" website that I made in Frontpage, and so I decided to muck around with it on Dreamweaver. When I opened it, half my website had "Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames" all over it. In Frontpage however, it displayed the inline frames perfectly... what's wrong?

RaG

Yes Dreamweaver supports iframes ... I would suggest getting it, it is a lot better than frontpage...

Why don't you try a trial version to see if Dreamweaver is what you want. I did it and it suited my needs so I got Macromedia Studios MX.

Decided to buy it anyways... :D
Now, I'm just kinda lost in way of things. Have been using M$ FrontPage for god knows how long, now Dreamweaver just seems daunting. Any tips or beginners tutorials that you can offer me? Thanks!

RaG

dude, the motto of dreamweaver. "this is as easy as monica lewincky."
use it and you'll understand it.

damn addicts ;-)

Frontpage iframes suck, they are not compatible with most browsers, and if they are they are totally screwed up and looking bad :).

Originally posted by Ragnarok
Decided to buy it anyways... :D
Now, I'm just kinda lost in way of things. Have been using M$ FrontPage for god knows how long, now Dreamweaver just seems daunting. Any tips or beginners tutorials that you can offer me? Thanks!

RaG
Some tutorials can be reached from inside Dreamweaver. Check out Help > Tutorials. :)

I soooo need to learn HTML again... I forgot it all since year 9... >.<
Anyways, thanks guys for ya help! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back