Machine code

drgn75

OSNN Newbie
I am running windows XP, and I'm wondering how I can find out what my machine code is? Any Help?

Product key? If your computer was purchased from an OEM then there should be a COA some place on the computer.

If your computer was built and you purchased the OS then hopefully you saved the sleeve that it came with.

I could say it is 8086 family - but you would have no idea what I was telling you! Machine Code usually means the actual code beneath assembly level.,....

Anyway - I think what you mean is CPU ID -try clicking on "My Computer"! :)

Yep, I found the sticker on the computer and I think that is what I am looking for. Thanks for all the input.

Mainframeguy said:
I could say it is 8086 family - but you would have no idea what I was telling you! Machine Code usually means the actual code beneath assembly level.,....

I took a class on that about 4 years ago now.

If I ever see you mention that ever again, I'm going to hunt you down and give you a solid wet noodle whipping :D

I mention it about every thousand posts or so - looking forward to some noodles here, can I have stir fry? ;)

Originally Posted by Mainframeguy

OK, thanks for thinking I'm completely ignorant about the 8086 family, however, that's a discussion for another time. What I want to know is:
Is there a way to know what your Machine Code (that you are talking about, not the CPU ID) is?

machine code

The representation of a computer program which is actually
read and interpreted by the computer.

what mainframe said ;)

drgn75, as you can see "machine code" was clearly explained. So it becomes obvious that you are either asking for the wrong thing or we are confused. Please explain more clearly what you are looking for.

If in fact you are looking for the Product Key (which you have found) then we are all set. If you are looking for the Product ID you can get that by right clicking My Computer, clicking Properties, and looking at the registered to info OR you can run command and type in "systeminfo" and press enter.

kcnychief said:
I took a class on that about 4 years ago now.

If I ever see you mention that ever again, I'm going to hunt you down and give you a solid wet noodle whipping :D

hahah the first thing i tought of when i read the post title; "hmm i wonder if derek is thinking the same thing I am when i first read this post title." I guess you were. That class was brutal, so was the teacher.

drgn75 said:
OK, thanks for thinking I'm completely ignorant about the 8086 family, however, that's a discussion for another time. What I want to know is:
Is there a way to know what your Machine Code (that you are talking about, not the CPU ID) is?

Are you loking for the actual commands the CPU is running underneath all the GUI? If so Why would you want to know this? Just curious.

celticfan11 said:
hahah the first thing i tought of when i read the post title; "hmm i wonder if derek is thinking the same thing I am when i first read this post title." I guess you were. That class was brutal, so was the teacher.
I <3 Ed Bigos!

NOT! :p

I remember someone asking him a question about why the registers and stacks are the way they are. He stood there for a second, threw a marker across the room, and said...

"Why did that marker fly across the room, because it just does"

Real smart guy, bad teacher.

doesn't sound real smart to me either.... sounds like a bad dumb teacher.... Ya see I woulda said something like "I COULD explain that, now who wants to stay in class until next week?"....

Also - sorry if the original poster (drgn?) felt ignorant from my post - I was just saying what the thread title meant to me, and it sure did cause some confusion.

So - are we straight now? IE DRGN - do you have what you need here?

Sad part is, at the time I thought he was the smartest person I have ever met :s

No more thread hijacking, I promise :D

Mainframeguy said:
doesn't sound real smart to me either.... sounds like a bad dumb teacher.... Ya see I woulda said something like "I COULD explain that, now who wants to stay in class until next week?"....

Also - sorry if the original poster (drgn?) felt ignorant from my post - I was just saying what the thread title meant to me, and it sure did cause some confusion.

So - are we straight now? IE DRGN - do you have what you need here?

Yep, I got it figured out. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back