Macfee MSN virus tabs

M

max

Guys how do i get them Macfee Virus alerts and warnings tabs through messenger ?

:confused:

From what I can tell, its part of the 'tools/show tabs/microsoft.net alerts. I'm not really sure though.
(I edited this because I suggested something else that was wrong.)

Meh, I don't see how to do it there either. Only thing I can think of is to subscribe to one the virus alert with you hotmail and it will show up there when you get a new email. Sorry for the confusion and the inability to help.

If I understand your question correctly just open up Messenger, click on Tools, Show Tabs, McAfee.com. It will show the tab in Messenger, if you click on the tab it will open Mcafee Security Center in Messenger. Down at the bottom it has a link to Add McAfee.com Security Alert. Click on the link and it will take you to a web page where you can sign up for the alerts.

Hmm, I'm missing that in my messenger.

Did you sign up for .NET stuff when you installed XP? Maybe that is required for the tabs to be shown.

I dont find Mcafee, is there one for Kaspersky's AvP Pro ?:(

Krom, this is from the messenger help file:

What is a tab?

A tab allows you to quickly check information that is important to you—the arrival of new e-mail, stock prices, today's calendar. The list of possibilities will grow over time
as new content providers become available.
The tabs appear as images in the background along the left side of the MSN Messenger window. Clicking the image brings it to the foreground, opening the tab and its
contents.
Since the content of the tabs is provided by someone other than MSN Messenger, you will typically go to the content provider's Web site to request the information and any
help you need. Just click the tab and follow the directions provided there for modifying the information on that tab.
Note
If you do not see tabs along the left side of the main window, go to the Tools menu, point to Show Tabs, and make sure that the ones you want to appear are checked.