Mac With 150 Apps Running Shows Teeny-Weeny Dock, Exposé Windows

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Ever wondered what Mac Dock and Exposé look like with 150 apps running? Well, wonder no more, friend. Wonder no more. Rest assured, however, everything gets ludicrously tiny. Now, we're not too sure who'd be using 150 apps simultaneously, except for maybe that dude at the end of The Matrix who manages to confuse the crap out of everyone. Damn, he sure was crazy. Anyway, the sight is quite impressive nonetheless, so jump in for a screen shot.

http://gizmodo.com/376497/mac-with-150-apps-running-shows-teeny+weeny-dock-expos-windows

:p

I opened a 600Mb picture in windows picture viewer.

My work computer would crash if I tried to open a pic half that size!

I don't mind too much because it means I can't take calls while I'm rebooting. :)

My PC is running swimmingly with 59 processes. I could run 95+ with ease :)

Oddly, I have 59 running right now as well. No biggie. I don't understand the big deal, I could open hundreds of low memory applications and my process count would be..... hundreds.

At work with all my parts books open, five client access sessions, one interface manager handling all communications to and from our main vendors for all locations, Windows media player, acrobat, word, outlook, and numerous other tools... 100+ *.exe's running. No big deal.

Here at home I am moving 14 1.2Gb zip files while performing multiple backups, steam, my pics, docs, music, other crap. No problem.

Epic laugh.
But if you see the comments on the bottom, this is what burnflare92 says:
Ram usage: 3.8GB/4.0GB
Swap: 2.8GB/3.0GB
He also says it took 10 minutes to start up. Lol. And I counted the icons on the bottom. There's only 103. I also labeled the open windows, and only see 96. Hmmm.
http://flickr.com/photos/vedia/309723175/ states that they have 135 applications open.

I think everyone knows I'm not a big proponent of vista but I am not understanding why this "opening apps at the same time" is a big deal on that mac fan boy site

anyway;

vista doing the same thing

what you really want to see is how fast switching to an idle process takes, having most of the exe paged (or swapped) back to the exe files and the pagefile of the hardrive makes the entire episode of launching apps just an experiment

the only time having an app launched speeds you up is if some of the working set is still in memory so when you go back to it you don't have to wait for memory to populate from the hardrive

if the entire working set is on the hardrive you aren't doing anything by having the app running

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back