Mac Vs. Pc

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
The classic debate...
I prefer PC's, I admit, they have sooo many holes (Windows), but as a gamer, I have a need for speed and performance in games, not to mention an OS that CAN play games older than 5 years. Mac's are great for designing games, houses, etc... But as a 16 year old gamer... I have absolutely no use for them...
Rebuttals?
*Watch's for Speedy*

Petros

Thief IV

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Vetrius said:
The classic debate...
I prefer PC's, I admit, they have sooo many holes (Windows), but as a gamer, I have a need for speed and performance in games, not to mention an OS that CAN play games older than 5 years. Mac's are great for designing games, houses, etc... But as a 16 year old gamer... I have absolutely no use for them...
Rebuttals?
*Watch's for Speedy*

Heh...trust me. Dave isn't going to be interested in rebuttals. He, like everyone else, got tired of X vs. Y wars a long time ago.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
NetRyder said:
Heh...trust me. Dave isn't going to be interested in rebuttals. He, like everyone else, got tired of X vs. Y wars a long time ago.
Amen to that.

(edit) any flaming in this thread and it will be closed... just so you know ;)

~bk

I
Political Access
I own a PC right now but I'll definitely buy a Mac next time.

Xie

- geek -
Games or not I would have a Mac if I could get one for price of a PC. :)

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
personaly i do not see the point to get a mac, i can match the power easly and well some people say it is easyer to do things. well i am a linux user so i do not have the problems with indows and i can see the real power of a mac. and yes they were good for 3d design and all and making videos but i do not see that any more. i play many games in my spare times and i cant see any point to get a mac for new games at all. and editing. no way i can totaly kick a macs ass in editing even with the same software and all. and ok it has dual processing. so waht, i got my amd 2800 and i have more MIPS so i dont see any pooint to dish 4 grand fora mac when i can get my total setup for 2 so yea there is my rant and dont mind my spelling

Dublex

A Knight to Remember
Well, Macs are really good from a desktop publishing and multimedia point of view in some areas (MP3s etc) as I used one at uni in the labs and it got the job done.

I wouldn't own a Mac myself though, I like my PC more with Linux and Windows

Andy

Meep.
id buy a mac, but theyre wayyy too expensive - recent price drops included.

it wouldnt replace my pc though, theres alot of things a windows machine can do slightly better than a mac, as well as vice-versa.

really fancy an ibook though - still abit pricey.

vern

Dominus
Political Access
/me throws a grenade.

That is the extent of my participation in this thread. heh.

Vetrius

Coenfidentialityism
ok... its a troll... so? *uneducated*
Meh, I like PC, but i want an ibook
Desktop=PC ALL DA WAY! (Gamer)
Laptop=Mac hehehehe

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Number one reason I don't use a mac:

I do alot of sound recording/editing/mixing/mastering etc. There was a time when Mac was the only way to go for this. But the software and hardware finally caught up on pc and even surpassed alot of what was on the mac. Sure I could use a mac now, but the equivalant software for what I do on a pc would force me to sell a kidney.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glen