mac super drive???

I've come across online stores (UK) that sell Apple parts before.
Try putting "Apple Spares" or things like that into Google. :)

The DVD burner "SuperDrive" was nothing more than the original Pioneer DVR-A04, now that the DVR-A06 is out they maybe starting to use it. The Pioneer drive can be bought at just about any online computer store, I prefer newegg.com. The new DVR-A06 is the newest drive and it supports writing DVD-R/W, DVD+R/W, and all cds.

i thought the superdrive was a cd butner, dvd burner, dvd player, that ys why they only sell the one drive, that is waht we were told by people who have macs, but arent wanting to sell it

SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW); writes DVD-R discs at 2x speed, reads DVDs at 6x speed, writes CD-R discs at 8x speed, writes CD-RW discs at 4x speed, reads CDs at 24x speed

Yeah, DVDr's tend to write cd's too, and obviously will play both cd and dvd media too.

I'd forgotten that the superdrive was just an A04. Basically its just a plain old DVD-r drive, but apple have decided to give it a new name because its in their machines.

Also, so they could charge a PREMIUM for it. I have seen very few reasons to spend the extra money on Mac.

so any DVD burer can do that?? ok then waht is the best one that is as slim as possbale and cost efective????????????? anyone know of any?

What do you mean by slim as possible? All internal dvd or cd burners must fit into a 5 1/4" bay. As for the brand, that is up to you, I prefer the sony dual format drives, but Pioneer and a host of other companies are making dual format drives for about the same cost. I would not spend much more than $235 for the drive. I definitely recommend you getting the dual format drives, they write DVD-R and DVD+R, that way you have your bases covered for compatabilty issues(ie. set-top DVD players) and you don't have to worry about which format becomes more of the standard.

i think he's looking for an external one... hence requesting a "slim" one.

If it was external there would be no restrictions on space :rolleyes: I would imagine that it's a case mod into a really small case.. or other form of box representing a case :p

I agree, especially since he said it was for a case mod. I haven't seen to many external drives used for case mods, but if you could mold and blend an external enclosure to a caseit may look pretty cool.

yea this is going to be attached to the back side of an lcd monitor, i cant say much about waht the mod is becase i am working on it for a company but i want it to be as low costing but good aspossable becase i need to buy the parts first off and if it all works then they pay me for them.i just need it to be as slim as possable and if there is one out there that is the best for the price and can do everything then that would be what i am looking for

I guess the mobo will also be fitted in to a custom case surrounding the LCD, making an all-in-one type system. If not are you going to have IDE cables going from the PC case to the monitor and drive?

ah that is annouther thing, how long can an ide cable be???? origional plan was to have pc and monitor 2 parts and cd mounted in between. but how long can an ide be?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back