• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mac mini VGA problem

Xie

- geek -
I havn't gotten my mini yet (still awaiting it) but just found a bunch of posts stating a problem some people are having with the VGA output of the mini (here and here). I guess the the signal strength is low (below VESA specs) and some are getting darker then normal display. Does anyone with a mini have this problem? I would be interested in the display AND resolution anyone with a mini are using.

I'm not sure if I should cancel my order or not as it's still "OPEN". :(

Xie

- geek -
X-Istence said:
How about you wait and see?
Well day after I thought about waiting (canceling my order) my mini shipped. :p Anyhoo hooked it up and all seems ok. :D

* Oh and an update on this issue. I read someplace that it's now believe it could be possibly corrupted bios or something on the ATi cards giving the issues as the bios version that the mini is shipped w/ is like 3 or 4 versions behind the "current". One of the updates just happend to deal w/ green spots and stuff that some ppl w/ DVI are seeing with certain monitors. Anyhoo looks like Apple should be able to fix it hopefully.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies