• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Mac] Copy a CD?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
May seem like a dumb question, but is Disk Copy on OSX able to make exact copies of a CD? I've burned multiple DMGs (and even some toasts) with it no problem, but have never had to use it to actually copy a CD.

The reason I need an 'exact' copy is because it will be used to copy a homebrew Dreamcast game, which contains a boot section that it doesn't work without (I believe the original image was either Nero or DiscJuggler) I'm sure this would be answered in seconds by popping in the disc and seeing, but I don't have it available to me at the moment, so thought I would ask first :)

Reg

eXperienced!
I'm not sure, but I believe Disk Copy is a RAW copy program, which should be able to copy the disc. I know that I have copied several disc in Toast 6 Titanium, a few of which contained special boot sectors that needed to be copied. My best advice is to give it a try. It most likely should work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix