Mac compression program

jpom

OSNN Addict
A friend of mine is looking for a program (preferably free) that will allow him to create a zip file on a Mac that can be unzipped on both mac and pc systems. He would like it to be able to be password protected and to require that password on both OS' before opening as well.

Anybody have any ideas??

TIA
James

Stuffit is the most popular compression program on the Mac. It comes with an application called DropZip that will accomplish this. It's not free though, and I don't know that you'll find a free program that will give you the option to encrypt your archive.

Here is a list of compression apps for the Mac.

Thanks, there's one that looks favorable, called zippist. Only one other problem, i sent him the link and minimum req is os x, i guess he's using os9.x he says. I might have him test it anyways, but I'm not overly familiar with Macs so I'm not sure if like windows sometimes you can get things to run even if you don't meet the sys reqs or if it says os x then you have to have os x.

Thanks
James

Normally the apps only support what they say they support, so if he has OS9 then I'm not sure that will work. Worth a shot, though. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back