• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mac compression program

jpom

OSNN Addict
A friend of mine is looking for a program (preferably free) that will allow him to create a zip file on a Mac that can be unzipped on both mac and pc systems. He would like it to be able to be password protected and to require that password on both OS' before opening as well.

Anybody have any ideas??

TIA
James

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Stuffit is the most popular compression program on the Mac. It comes with an application called DropZip that will accomplish this. It's not free though, and I don't know that you'll find a free program that will give you the option to encrypt your archive.

Here is a list of compression apps for the Mac.

jpom

OSNN Addict
Thanks, there's one that looks favorable, called zippist. Only one other problem, i sent him the link and minimum req is os x, i guess he's using os9.x he says. I might have him test it anyways, but I'm not overly familiar with Macs so I'm not sure if like windows sometimes you can get things to run even if you don't meet the sys reqs or if it says os x then you have to have os x.

Thanks
James

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Normally the apps only support what they say they support, so if he has OS9 then I'm not sure that will work. Worth a shot, though. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar