MAC and ICS...

MdSalih

The Boss
erm... does anyone know a way to connect to the internet using a mac where the server is using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)... ?

MdSalih

you can use this

PCMACLAN 8.1 for NT/2000/XP

Description:
CONNECTS WINDOWS NT/2000/XP WITH MAC OS

Networking PCs and Macs has never been easier or more complete. PC MACLAN for Windows NT/2000/XP features centralized security, IP server and client support and full Windows NT/2000/XP integration, giving users convenient features for bi-directional file, drive, and printer sharing.

Enables Cross-Platform File Sharing
PC MACLAN for Windows NT/2000/XP allows cross-platform file sharing, over IP (Internet Protocol) or AppleTalk, across an Ethernet network. PC users can access any Mac or AFP servers, with file sharing enabled, or AppleShare IP Servers on the network. Mac users access Windows NT/2000/XP files and drives via the "Chooser "or Mac 's Network Browser.

Supports Mac IP Client &Server Technology
PC MACLAN for Windows NT/2000/XP provides fast, convenient networking by connecting to AppleShare IP Servers and OS 9 systems on a LAN, WAN, over the internet, or remote dial-up. In addition, PC MACLAN allows Mac users to access PCs over IP and is a cost-effective alternative to Windows File Services for Macintosh (SfM),offered only in Windows NT/2000/XP Server editions.

Runs File And Print Servers As Windows NT/2000/XP Services
Running both the Print and File servers as services, Mac users can access printer or files on PCs with greater convenience and without jeopardizing network security.

Maximizes Existing Network Resources

Transfer files over IP as a faster alternative to AppleTalk.
Print from your Mac directly to any PostScript or non-PostScript printers attached to the PC network
Print from your PC directly to any AppleTalk Postscript or non-Postscript printer attached to the Mac network
Access Mac files and drives from your PC 's "Network Neighborhood " in Windows NT or "My Network Places" in Windows 2000
Access PC files and drives via the Mac 's "Chooser "or "Network Browser "
Make your PC an AppleShare File Server
Apply Windows NT/2000/XP security features to the PC MACLAN File Server

Official website: http://www.miramar.com

I'm no Mac expert, but just give it an IP address in the same class as the others (usually 192.168.1.x) and set the gateway IP to the LAN side of the box running ICS. But don't ask me how to configure it, i havent used a Mac since 1996.

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back