M$ LDAP Directory...???

G

GraLk

Ok, I have installed Office XP pro, and 2 things keep happening.

1. In Outlook, when launching, I get a window popping up titled Microsoft LDAP Directory, and it has 4 text boxes in it, whose titles are -- (contents of boxes in brackets)
Server name: (NULL)
Port: (####)
User name: (NULL)
Password: (Blank)

Now, I can either click cancel, or click 'ok' withour entering a password, and it finishes loading Outlook fine.
My question is, how do i turn this off??

2. I keep getting 'A Runtime Error has occured. Do you wish to debug?' and then a description of the line and problem. This happens while surfing the web.

Again, how do I turn this off?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

GraLk :D

G

GraLk

OMG...DUH me!!

Hipster...I knew that!!!

Now I feel like a newbie!! Stupid me!!!

Thx man!

GraLk (feeling rather dumb at this point!!)

E

eNuffSaid

Do you have the LDAP Directory Server Service installed in Outlook? Open Outlook > Tools > E-mail accounts > under "Directory" select "view or change existing directories." See if you can remove the LDAP server from there.

or see if this M$ article helps you any:

OL2002: LDAP Search Error When You Try to Search By Using a Full Name in the 'Display Name' Field

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q311829&

BTW, this error was fixed in OfficeXP SP2.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

G

GraLk

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thx very much eNuff, that was exactly my problem. I will install both sp1 and 2 when I get a chance.

thx again,

GraLk :D

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut