Lycoris

funky dredd

OSNN Veteran Addict
Question - Is anyone running this distro? The reason being is that I downloaded and installed the Amethyst 2 version on my laptop and after being in it for more than a half hour it would lock up and I would have to do a hard boot. I really like this distro and want to give it a week or so before I actually make my final judgement on it. Should I download build 46, and is it stable? I had no conflicts on the Amethyst version and all my hardware was compatible I even checked the checksum. Any help would be appreciated....

I'm using Amethyst Update 2 with no problems.

Have you checked the Hardware Compatibility list to see if all your hardware is supported? It could be the hardware causing a problem.

If not, it could be a problem with some files. You could try reinstalling it.

All of the hardware is compatible, and the checksum came out fine. I did do a reinstall and still the same thing. I think I am going to try build 46 and see what happens. It's doesn't lock up at any certain point, it will be running smooth and then wham it hits - time for a reboot. Have anyone tried build 46?

Well I am currently downloading build 53. No luck whatsoever with build amethyst 2. I have been reading the Lycoris message boards and people are saying it is more stable than 46. I guess I will find out!!!!

Just got done installing it. Haven't really had the opportunity to look around that much, but I don't notice that much difference. Give me an hour and I will write more....that will give me the chance to scope it out.

Darn. I heard they were working on a release that included KDE 3 ... so I thought this was it. :(

Everything is running good, so far the only problems I am having is if I click the network browser, computer hangs. Other than that from what I can see at this point everything is about the same. I think I have gotten past that lock up when I did the 53 build :)

Well forget about my earlier post! It is locking up again :confused:
I have posted on their site about my problem and hopefully I will get something back. I just don't get it, everything I have is supported, md5 checks out ok. Any other ideas you might have would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back