Lucent Win Modem on Windows XP Home Ed

• Thread starter will_dabbler
  • Start date
W

will_dabbler

Help! I recently installed XP Home Ed. On HP Pavilion 7940.

I keep getting Blue screen crash when on Inerntet.

Always references file ltdmnt.sys, my modem driver....

ErrorS: "DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS-OR-EQUAL"

Also, just recently had another crash: "An attempt was made to write to read-only memory."

I have a Lucent Win Modem, went to Agere Systmes site an downloaded 8.22 driver, seemed to reduce the frequency of crashes somewhat. But it's still crashing....

Also, I have updated to the most recent Phoenix BIOS...

Any suggestions, before I go out and buy a now modem???

I'm using a lucent win modem too & the only driver I have ever used is the one that comes with xp. Maybe that error you get might be pointing to some bad ram. Maybe.

ps welcome to the forums. :D

Lucent Win Modem

Looks like you might be right, Hipster, You gave me something to go on. I ran a "burn in test", and guess what? Error verifying data in RAM.

I'm on my way out to buy a DIMM...

tx..!

think I got it

RAM didn't do it. Finally, after a lot of research, went to BIOS and disabled Plug and Play option. Haven't had a problem since in 2 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back