Low fps on geforce 4 ti4200

I

isoacid

Im getting 100 on counter-strike but as soon as ppl apear the fps drops to the 40s. Also the specs of my comp arent low. There isnt any features in my bios so i cant mess with those [ sony vaio... ]. Anyone know a solution? Could it be the power supply?

1.6ghz p4
512 DDR SDRAM
80gb HD

if you have all features turned on... and you are running the game without any of the high quality texture mod thingers... you should be able to hit constant 100 or 99 depending... regardless of people coming on screen....

now the server can sometimes be stressed and the ping will shoot up.. dunno if this might knock your fps down...

another thing you should probably do is turn off any apps you have running in the background, they MAY cause your game to slow down...

otherwise I dunno maybe there are other bottlenecks in your system... someplace in hardware not mentioned or software you are running that is also not mentioned...

also what res are you playing @ ?

what drivers? i think there were some probs with the 40.. dets

The problem happens on all dets that support the geforce 4 and I play in opengl
Also
Anti Aliasing: Off
Anisoptropic: 2x
Vsync: off [ same problem with it on ]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back